• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
First time out. Had a shop put 90 degree on the edges. A bit grabby but just bearing down on them and the old school feeling came back. Slalom and short radius fun. GS not so much.

IMG_1794.JPG

And just to make a better match I swapped the limey yellow trims out for a truer yellow from some Z9s
IMG_1678.JPG
IMG_1680 (1).JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nice image celebrating one of Bobbie Burns' athletes.
RIP Bad Bob Salerno

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This thread has talked about the combination of The Ski, Scott boots, and Spademan bindings was a good combination because they were light. Does anyone have the weight of a early Spademan comparing to other bindings of the day? The S-555 or the Look Nevada's should be heavier because of the toe but I was just wondering how much of a difference they are.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This thread has talked about the combination of The Ski, Scott boots, and Spademan bindings was a good combination because they were light. Does anyone have the weight of a early Spademan comparing to other bindings of the day? The S-555 or the Look Nevada's should be heavier because of the toe but I was just wondering how much of a difference they are.
This was a subject of discussion at the event. It was not all weight related with the Spademan as the choice of freestylers but the short mount distance allowing the ski to flex under the boot. The lack of a toe peice to get in the way in ballet was also key.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My SRS super 2’’s are 1350 grams pair +/- if I recall- I’m in Maine and not near them but they are light. My Scott’s ( super light , last generation with intuition liners are about 2700 grams a pair. If anyone is interested in how they have intuition liners, I’ll send pictures when I get back to California.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was cleaning out some stuff in my office and found some early Pugski.com stickers with autographs.
These two from Bob Salerno

2EA3AEF8-37F5-4008-BA76-CCCEEFCA7F84.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_8018.jpeg

The Ski collection from the 2022 Sun Valley Hall of Fame Induction ceremony with Montana Burns, Bobbie's daughter.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The induction

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Are new The Ski still in production? If so who is running it and is it part of some bigger company?

Sponsor

Staff online