• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
See post #11. I have a pair of Lange/Dynamic made in France so that may be the first year, 1969. Both pair are 207s.

View attachment 19807 View attachment 19808
The photo does say USA but with a French Flag above the letters. The used pair has the French Fighting Cock (an emblem given to manufactures that supply the French Olympic Team) above the Made in France. It just says USA not Made in USA so what factory made them? If they indeed were made here.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good point about the "made in" but the French flag is blue white and red not red white and blue. Think K2 and their red white blue stripe theme. Maybe they thought the stars would be too hard to see.

Uncle-A

Skier
Good point about the "made in" but the French flag is blue white and red not red white and blue. Think K2 and their red white blue stripe theme. Maybe they thought the stars would be too hard to see.
K2 is where J C Killy and Michele Arpin, Dynamic ski designer went after J C Killy left Head ski.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
All I have is a small square and a cabinet scraper that I set a fresh edge on my edge sander. They are a bit edge high in places and a little base high but mostly quite flat. I would say the edges are 90 degrees and never been tuned.

View attachment 19804

View attachment 19805

That base is kind of hairy. I assume that the base condition is how you received them. If so, I'm a bit surprised.

Do you plan to mount and ski these or leave them in their current condition?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
So...

On April 1st, I'll be participating in the FuxiTime Super Combi at Ski Cooper: www.skiracereg.com/srr/fuxitime, also https://www.skiracereg.com/data/uploads/event_2948.pdf. I have formed a team named 'Groovy Skis'. I'll be racing SG and the Combi (panel SL into GS) on my Dynamics. The rest of my team will be competitive on modern gear but I think they plan to dress up. I'll bring some 'spare' skis for the photo ops.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
That base is kind of hairy. I assume that the base condition is how you received them. If so, I'm a bit surprised.

Do you plan to mount and ski these or leave them in their current condition?

That's the way they came and that's the way they will stay. Don't even think of drilling them. These, however......

225s and 170s
DSC04236.JPG

The plugged holes match the 99 and even the N77 midbrake but the open holes are a mystery. The ski came without bindings.
DSC04242.JPG

Uncle-A

Skier
Hello lover...
View attachment 31094
And now for the puzzler, why are my French downhill skis made in Austria? Also, it was my understanding that French skis only got the Cock if they were made in France.
View attachment 31095
Who really cares when I'm doing 90 down the gondola line at the 'loaf!
There was a rumor that the Dynamic DH skis were not really Dynamic but only had a Dynamic top sheet and graphic so maybe why the made in Austria. As far as the French Racing Cock I was told by a guy who worked for Rossignol that emblem was given to manufactures that supplied the French Olympic team.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
008.JPG
007.JPG
006.JPG

Me too ... me too ...
Found these two weeks ago .
I already own VR17 , the pink version .
They look sooo end '70 , early '80

Well , sadly for the VR27 you see here , they are too small for me at 194 and my boots don't fit in . An I would not think of drill them again .
No : tehy are a prefect example of their time ... and pretty new in fact .
1992 I would say ... maybe later ... or earlier ... if you know , write it below !

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
As promised , here are my pink VR17 , Made in France and 195cm .
It is too bad they are too short for my own taste ... but I plan to buy another pair at some point .
The flash does not give the true color : they are very , very , pink ( and I like that ) .

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 29

Uncle-A

Skier
So I was picking up my skis from the ski rack after a short stop at the bar this afternoon and in the rack next to my skis were these old timers. So I shot this quick photo before the owner returned.
Dynamic 17 Sport

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
I came back from Ottawa yesterday ... my mother is in the hospital ... she is 92 and they do not expect her to get out ... a month maybe ...
A sad situation , yes .
But when over there , I found these jewels ... brand new , the sticker is still on !

What should I do ?
I would like to ski them ... O Great Vintage Gurus , what binding should I look for ?
Or maybe I should let them be in this Virgin state ?
They are 203 cm ...

025.JPG
026.JPG
027.JPG
028.JPG
029.JPG
030.JPG
031.JPG

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
^ those need to be skied in honor of your mother. Place some modern pivots on em & let em fly- best.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
You need to ski them. These salomon 957 equipes would look good. they are all metal goodness:thumb::thumb: I just mounted and tested them. (Vermont calibrator) They were perfect. I'll trade you for a set of the black/blue/pink ones if you can find some.

20180104_155452.jpg

Sponsor