• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

justplanesteve

Getting off the lift
Skier
generically called 'suicide heels' as they didn't release

The few times i needed forward release, the heels released fine.
Maybe a set up problem? (balance between forward and downward pressure)
Sideways, the toes work as related above. They just have no give for momentary pressures that should not release.

That said, i am fully cognizant that they were cheap heels designed for cheap skis. But they work about as good as elastomats, anyway. :)

smt<------current bid in on some M4's

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Back in that time frame it probably would have been the Nevada I toe that had to be notched. When they came out with the Nevada II toe they did away with the notches. Years ago I had a pair of NOS Nevada I toes in the box. I figured that I was never going to use them and I was tight on storage space so in the trash they went. That was just before I found that other ski community.
They were popular amongst the SL racers. Not me, though. N17 from the start for me after Dover step ins.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
They were popular amongst the SL racers. Not me, though. N17 from the start for me after Dover step ins.
I understand, my first bindings I think around 1967 or 1968 were Look II toe and N17's that I later added the centering device on the heel. I used them until I ripped off the toe and lifted the metal top sheets of my Fischer skis. I glued the top sheet back down, sealed up the toe holes and mounted a pair of Spademans. When I screwed down the AFD it really helped hold the top sheets in place.

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
Dynamic.jpg
These are a few of my favorite things...

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Current eBay auction (today is 3/8/23)
Description is not so accurate.
First year Lange Dynamic import or early Colorado made Lange Dynamic (1969 / 1970?)
Short for our favorite skis (177cm?) but I image fun to ski!

PaulDrake

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
The VR17s skied beautifully in the stiff then soft slop at the Basin yesterday.

I was comfortable and thrilled sufficiently to ski them all morning from 9 until 11 or so. Then it was off to grill some sausages.

Conditions didn't allow for a hard snow evaluation. In the soft I was able to get them to bend at moderate speed and really let them fly in GS turns. Small, soft moguls were easy to handle and quick SL turns worked well, too. I'm looking forward to skiing them next winter when I can use them on harder snow.

The bindings tested out perfectly on the Vermont Calibrator and had plenty of elasticity.

View attachment 10331
Dynamic VR17s (204cm), Look N17s and Nevadas, Lange Pro(?), Kerma, CB pants and coat. Everything is from the 70s except the glasses and turtleneck. Skier circa 1957.

Thanks to my brother, @Royal and oldandslow for getting me onto such a sweet setup. This is one day that I'll not soon forget.
Selling these on eBay

Picture 1 of 14

Vintage Dynamic VR17 (200 cm) w/Red Look Nevada Bindings

Sponsor

Staff online