• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
Hello,
I'm new here as this is my first post. I know this is the "All Things Dynamic" and should be. The attached photo has my two pairs of Dynamic skis; VR17's and VR27's both 200cm mixed in with my other vintage skis...
Cheers,
Earl

View attachment 38911
I'm quite sure the Head skis you own are actually Durafiber skis.

Max Air

Skier
How did you find out the ski was an Atomic?
I skied for Dynamic and was a Speed Skier for many years. The French always said that, as did my friend who went to the Atomic factory and say Dynamic's there. I could contact the Wilke brothers or a few others to confirm that if needed, but I've been told that many times.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I skied for Dynamic and was a Speed Skier for many years. The French always said that, as did my friend who went to the Atomic factory and say Dynamic's there. I could contact the Wilke brothers or a few others to confirm that if needed, but I've been told that many times.
Years ago I read an article and the author claimed he gave a pair of Austrian made DH skis but didn't say a brand name to JCK. He said that Dynamic took off the top sheet and replaced it with their own and that was the ski that JCK won the gold medal in the DH at the Olympics. I have also heard other stories with a similar theme, yours puts a brand name to the story. Thanks

Max Air

Skier
01e4e16797f7136fc1f65c08b3deb3b2c21b6c9334.jpg

I think the habit of changing top sheets isn't new. I didn't know it went back to the JCK days. Here is a crazy true story, Some American speed skier stole a number of speed Dynamic speed skis (I think it was 7 pair) then got Hart to put new top sheets on them. Oddly, they used the same F17 theme as their famous mogul ski with the US Freestyle Team logo and called it the F-117.

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
I have a pair of the first VR-27’s and I know the famous VR-17’s get all the credit but since my (204) VR-27’s look pretty close - same looking bases and sidewalls- (wait grey bases actually) meanwhile advertising then included JCK pictured with them stating “VR-27, beyond the Olympics”.
Can someone back me up here- do my early VR-27’s get some ski cred?
:)

Uncle-A

Skier
I have a pair of the first VR-27’s and I know the famous VR-17’s get all the credit but since my (204) VR-27’s look pretty close - same looking bases and sidewalls- (wait grey bases actually) meanwhile advertising then included JCK pictured with them stating “VR-27, beyond the Olympics”.
Can someone back me up here- do my early VR-27’s get some ski cred?
:)
I seem to think that manufacturers put a new graphic on a ski just to stimulate slowing sales of a ski that has been in the line a while. Yes, some do new models with new construction and others change construction in small steps based on different material availability. The early 27's are probably not much different than the late 17's but the addition of carbon to the 27's construction is the material change that make it a different ski. Having said this the 17's that were raced on may be a lot different from what was on the ski shops display. Most of us know the real racing skis are not what is available to the general public. They are made in small production runs in private work shops for corporate security. So you should not worry about ski cred, so few have the real deal race skis that it is not an issue.

Earl Castillo

Skier, Gearhead
Skier
NorCal SF Bay Area & Northern NY 1000 islands area
I love my VR 17s, but to hell with that. Nice Mustang!
Hi Doug,
Thank you. I too have a set of Dynamic VR17's in a 200cm. As for the Mustang. THAT Mustang is 1965 Shelby GT350 serial number 049. I'm also the former VP of the NorCal Shelby Club. It has 4 48 IDA Webers. The Admin might get mad at me if I posted photos of it.

Cheers,
Earl J

Uncle-A

Skier
Hi Doug,
Thank you. I too have a set of Dynamic VR17's in a 200cm. As for the Mustang. THAT Mustang is 1965 Shelby GT350 serial number 049. I'm also the former VP of the NorCal Shelby Club. It has 4 48 IDA Webers. The Admin might get mad at me if I posted photos of it.

Cheers,
Earl J
We have a section for cars or is it ski cars, anyway would love to see some photos.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Hi Doug,

Cheers,
Earl J
I had a '65 Falcon Coupe. It gave me lots of good times. But not as much as a Shelby would have.:thumb:

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
The current Vr17s I own. The graphic farthest to the right I've never seen before until I found these.

7EB18437-B3C0-4471-92E1-1109D4DD2B3D_1_105_c.jpeg

Sponsor