• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All Things Erbacher

Erbacher Skis

SKIING Oct 1978 Erbacher Pugski Petersen.jpg

Erbacher Skis - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Jan 1970 - Erbacher Slazenger - Pugki - Dave Petersen.jpg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Found these Erbacher Friday noon and got them for $9.99 .
1976 , the Sun Rise being their mogul ski sold for $195 (or $175 ? ) .
P-Tex over and under probably because the top sheet , in moguls , was cracking after a run .
Difficult to compare moguls now and then .... now it is a micro-slalom run with no '' Wow '' factor skiing-wise .

These were intact and I had not seen a pair since 1979 I think ...
So I took a file to the edges , cleaned them and did not even bother to change the setting on the bindings .

Yesterday evening I went to the Pustule I ski on ...

At 170 cm , it was quite a surprise ... I never skied 170 cm !
At first I tried to go as fast as usual ... big mistake : these skis are stable only if you go as fast as jogging .
Faster and they start vibrating and you are - at the end , thrown from the saddle . No GS possible .
But they turn on a dime : very responsive .

They reminded me of the Olin Mark 3 S I had at the time : you went from the top of a mogul to the top of the other , spending half the time on the air in some runs .
These were the good times ...
Wish I was young again ...
But , no .
I look at the manicured slopes here --- so ... B O R I N G ... and the customers snowplowing their way down with a $1200 outfit sans clothes . No conversation , no fun : they are there to be seen ....
The more privileged of the group ski skins-compatible skis because they go ''outbound'' in remote locations ( considering the look of these individuals , I wonder how come I never see them in the news following a heart attack in the provincial park 25 minutes north of here ....

But I don't want to bitch : I liked my experience on the Erbacher .
I took a few videos that I can't show here I think ... or maybe ...
Wish I could try the competition skis manufactured then by Erbacher ... and not in 170 ... make it 210 , please .

Sponsor

Staff online