• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
I was afraid you would say '' at the time there was no cameras '' !!
I am going climbing and when back I will post a few pictures of the Presidents .

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
As you asked !

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 66
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 60
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 58

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
As you asked !
Thanks, those photos sure take me back. I had 200CM with Looks mounted, they were a very fine ski. I skied them till I pulled the Look toe out of the ski and it lifted the top sheet of metal at the toe. I glued it back down and mounted a pair of Spademan bindings on them, the AFD pad screwed on so that was a big help holding the top sheet in place. Sold them not long after that happened, but I did enjoy skiing them and they did not disappoint me when skiing.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
001.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

Last of the stash I bought last week ...
I have not tried them yet .
They are 200 cm : I was a bit dissapointed as I wanted them to be GS and 210 but as I already have the DH model , why should I complain ?
The have a lot more experience that the other three ...
I owned a pair of GS 210 in the mid '80 and they were the perfect all-around skis .
Now what will these be ?

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Bonjour a Vous!

I have some S505 and S555 bindings if you want them the guide rollers are still good on them but no brakes. I prefer the older LOOK's for the ability to refurbish them and their elasticity compared to other bindings of their time. they test perfectly with my binding release calibrator and the look is classic. I try to avoid the older salomon and tyrolia bindings because there is no way to dismantle, clean and re-lube them. I do like the Salomon 747 Equipe though. toes are rebuildable and I can at least re-lube the all metal heels.

View attachment 34596
Your killing me!
I like those red JK Head skis. Those are movie skis close enough from the movie Snow Job.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fischer Radarc Cobra
IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2646.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2647.JPG

fullsizeoutput_6b1c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6b1b.jpeg

I must mount these up with a better (safer) binding.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
FREEZE Dec 1997 - Fischer - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Those Presidents caused me some serious envy when I was a kid. Nice.

Please describe your skiing experience. Modern or retro boots?

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier

Wow......what a find!!! Those Fischer Jollys were the first ski I ever had. I remember getting them for Christmas when I was 5......Dad took me skiing at Otis Ridge in Mass and I remember two things about that trip: 1. Otis Ridge was playing the US/USSR hockey game on the speakers around the entire ski area.....2. My dad yelling at me because I couldn't figure out the t-bar at 5 years old!!!!!

Thanks for the memory Dave!!!!!!

Dan

Putting on skis
Skier
I had leather boots that we're all hard so this morning I got a pair of thrift shop Salomon mid level boots and cut notches in them. Glad I did, they felt nice. Never buckled them, wanted a soft feel. Bindings set soft, say 1.5, so I didn't push too hard . Packed powder, some soft spots . Smaller bumps (don't want to bend them). And some ice starting to show here and there.

They were butter smooth. Started out doing my best version of Wedeln. Then whet to a couple of steeper pitches, happily cutting across the firm surface, but easy to come up and over to quickly start a turn. Threaded through bumps like this as well, avoiding the sharp face, more threading through them. Grip on the firm was great, but also felt soft and nimble when the shovels we're used.

But the most fun was on the easier blues, old school carved turns . Somewhere between SL and GS radius, getting the ski nicely on edge and holding a smooth carve. Skiing the outside ski was super easy.

Yeah, everyone wants to go out of bounds in deep powder and jump stuff, but I was having the grandest time skiing in bounds on great trails, slower of course, like my ski heros of the past (Stein, Phil&Steve, Killy...)

Skis also are so elegant. And those Marker bindings, need a caliper to set them up:), but they held me in!

One last thing, all the fuss about sidecut and radius . If the snow is soft, your weight causes the snow to give as the ski flexes into a carving arc. And you do pivot in the transition to the new trajectory. But in steeps with any ski you have to do this. Look at a modern slow motion of a wc slalom run. Unweight and pivot is still part of skiing. And so is pressuring the outside ski. So the way I was skiing 50 year old skis is the way I ski my short slalom skis. Folks that go fast in easier slopes just carving with hip motion look good, but that rarely works in the steeps (you cant turn sharp enough that way and control the speed)! So I love taking out the old skis to think about why they worked so elegantly for the skiers of that era.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I had leather boots that we're all hard so this morning I got a pair of thrift shop Salomon mid level boots and cut notches in them. Glad I did, they felt nice. Never buckled them, wanted a soft feel. Bindings set soft, say 1.5, so I didn't push too hard . Packed powder, some soft spots . Smaller bumps (don't want to bend them). And some ice starting to show here and there.

They were butter smooth. Started out doing my best version of Wedeln. Then whet to a couple of steeper pitches, happily cutting across the firm surface, but easy to come up and over to quickly start a turn. Threaded through bumps like this as well, avoiding the sharp face, more threading through them. Grip on the firm was great, but also felt soft and nimble when the shovels we're used.

But the most fun was on the easier blues, old school carved turns . Somewhere between SL and GS radius, getting the ski nicely on edge and holding a smooth carve. Skiing the outside ski was super easy.

Yeah, everyone wants to go out of bounds in deep powder and jump stuff, but I was having the grandest time skiing in bounds on great trails, slower of course, like my ski heros of the past (Stein, Phil&Steve, Killy...)

Skis also are so elegant. And those Marker bindings, need a caliper to set them up:), but they held me in!

One last thing, all the fuss about sidecut and radius . If the snow is soft, your weight causes the snow to give as the ski flexes into a carving arc. And you do pivot in the transition to the new trajectory. But in steeps with any ski you have to do this. Look at a modern slow motion of a wc slalom run. Unweight and pivot is still part of skiing. And so is pressuring the outside ski. So the way I was skiing 50 year old skis is the way I ski my short slalom skis. Folks that go fast in easier slopes just carving with hip motion look good, but that rarely works in the steeps (you cant turn sharp enough that way and control the speed)! So I love taking out the old skis to think about why they worked so elegantly for the skiers of that era.
Thanks for your write up about how well the older ski works. They were an elegant product that needed skill to get up on edge apply pressure to make them arc and carve a turn. That is what I was taught over 50 years ago, using a down hill ski for holding your weight and having the up hill ski further forward and unweighting to make the transition. Sometimes making a hop type turn in the bumps. That was when you had to learn about edge contact with the snow. Good job

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Now , the Christmas Mystery !

Do you know anything about the Fisher Attack 1974 and 1975 ?
As per Ski and Skiing magazines ?

Now look at what I found an hour ago :
A pair of Fisher Attak 195 cm with Tyrolia 350 on .

Note : these are Fisher Attak and not Attack as per every mags at the time .
Plus it is written '' SOFT '' under the boot .
I never saw or heard of an Attack Soft
Have you ?

I will try to ski them maybe next week when there will be more snow . Until then , I would like to hear what you think !

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
009.JPG
012.JPG
010.JPG
014.JPG

yes ... the plastic / silicone cover on the heels just desintegrated ! Covered by a white film ... I think there were in contact with an acid or acid fumes at some point .
No problem : the bindings are all metal and seem functional .

So is it an Attak or an Attack ??