• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All Things Fritzmeier

Fritzmeier Skis

SKIING Oct 1977 - Fritzmeier - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Oct 1978 - Fritzmeier Skis - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Dec 1970 - Fritzmeier Skis - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Tanzania Lucas

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Fritzmeier Skis
View attachment 9077 [/QUOTE]
Hi. I have been looking for information about these skis. No one seems to know anything about them. I have not found them anywhere on the internet either.
20170504_101722.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi. I have been looking for information about these skis. No one seems to know anything about them. I have not found them anywhere on the internet either. View attachment 39227
Welcome to the site and the archives. There is nothing about them in that ad unfortunately, maybe someone will chime in.

Tanzania Lucas

Skier
Oops, I wasn't finished. Is there any information I needs to add from the skis? It came with this carrier.
20170504_095354.jpg

Royal

UTAH
Skier
more pics of the entire ski with any and all writing legible. bindings also.

checkracer

Getting on the lift
Skier
Fritzmeier entered the alpine ski business too late to succeed. He offered his skis to the Czech Ski Federation where some communist officials were eager to snatch some D-marks as “provision”. Some Czechs were the only WC racers in Fritzmeiers. In those years I bought a pair of 220 DHs from a national team member who never wrapped them out from the original package. Solid, heavy, bright orange, extremely stiff and slow, I tore the Marker M4 toe off in the Czech Champs but crashed well with no trees around :))

Sethmasia

Putting on skis
Contributor
I well remember Fritzmeiers and wrote about them. The brand was imported for one year by Raichle-Molitor, during their transition between Kastle and Head. The Duo was one of the world's dumbest ideas. If you were a recreational skier happy with 170cm skis, but wanted something a lot more stable for fast cruising, you wanted to look studly. It was more macho to shoulder a 207 GS ski than haul around several pounds of steel weights in your pockets. Once you bolted the weights to the ski, you had a ski as heavy as a 207, but you still had less than 170cm of ski edge to hold your line. Remember these were straight skis, not carvers. Bloody disaster.

AZET

Skier
I had a pair of Super Cup 560s in a 205. They were rocket ships and a blast in gates
@Groomer61 : You mean this set ? I bought it 40 years ago and used it just one season. Maybe it's a bit weird, but I have this set still waiting for me in the cellar to touch the snow again. However, guess this will never happen ...
But you're right that the Fritzmeier 560 were (are) rocket ships. Not easy to 'handle' but the gave super speed and great stability in return. One of the best you could buy those days.

Attachments

• IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 66

Royal

UTAH
Skier
can we get an up close pic of the AFD? I don't believe that I have ever seen one like that before.

AZET

Skier
AFD ?? Sorry, but I don't know what you mean. Guess it's within the Tyrolia system, so see the pics.
Btw, they're hanging in my office right now, just bringing back great memories of "the good old days" ... :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_1269.jpg
    IMG_1269.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Royal

UTAH
Skier
AFD= Anti Friction Device. most bindings use a pad made of teflon or similar Slippery material. under the toe. your tyrolia's afd looks like 3 metallic buttons. thanks for the up-close pics.

AZET

Skier
AFD= Anti Friction Device. most bindings use a pad made of teflon or similar Slippery material. under the toe. your tyrolia's afd looks like 3 metallic buttons. thanks for the up-close pics.
Thx for the info. Indeed the 3 'knots' spin and are made of metal ss. Don't know teflon is better, but it's probably cheaper to produce. Don't forget in those days China wasn't involved ... yet.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid