• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I tool one off and took a look. The other holes are too far back. However, with the skis on the bench I was able to get the worm screws to go a couple more clicks back. It's not ideal.. Foreword pressure is right on the edge of too much.. But, IF (and that's a big if) I were to bring them I'd take a couple runs down an easy blue on them.. That's all I'd do with boots that old anyway even if the rest of the set up was perfect.

FWIW, closer inspection and the soles and lugs only have 2-3 scratches. They could be brand new only skied once?? These things were only skied a few times tops..

Maybe the original owner only got a few runs in them before the dreaded :eek: spiral fracture then they quit skiing or got different boots?

But still wouldn't trust them to explode under any actual duress. I shuddered even just smashing them in to the bindings that the heels barely slid in to and pushing them down to click the heels in..
If you are concerned about stressing the boot you can soften it up by removing the top set of stiffing blocks on the front of the boot. That would soften the boot a lot or you can just move them down to the empty second position. You are lucky that the boot still has two sets of stiffing blocks they were generally the first thing to get lost. Each new boot came with a full set of three stiffing blocks to make it adjustable.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^ Naw, I want to destroy m ACL and/or break tib fib PROPER! I want the full experience :roflmao:
Seriously though. The biggest danger of a boot blowout is when the lug breaks loose. A crack in the side or hinge is survivable.. Losing the lug must be quite an OH CRAP! moment... especially if skiing something challenging.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Snow Summit CA yesterday.
Screenshot_20240215-202804.png

Sponsor

Staff online