• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Joal, I will send it in a personal message. I am guessing if you have to pay to view they wouldn't like me posting on the web.

If you can't read I can try to take better pics.

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like Hub Zemke lives in Reno, or at least at the time of this article.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks. That is worth owning. I contacted the Ski Journal and Matt Wibby said the issue is 10 years old but he actually found a few copies so I will getting one. I agree. Posting a couple of sentences would be alright but posting the whole article would not be cool. Maybe in 50 years.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, time goes fast - didn't think it is was that long ago when I purchased the magazine!

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is not Hexcel but it sure is Hexcel graphics. Anyone heard of Alfa poles made in France? This could be a restoration project.

DSC03932.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Oct 1974 - Hexcel - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Hexcellent Retro Quiver over at the Rescue Mission Thrift Store. They want $30/pair for them. Not my style but definitely looked skiable.. Dominators are 150, others are 160 I think..

Hexcel.jpg

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Still have a pair of the Hexcel Gold skis in 185cm. Parent purchased them for me in 82. Still use them once a year to see how bad a skier I really am.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Joal, I will send it in a personal message. I am guessing if you have to pay to view they wouldn't like me posting on the web.

If you can't read I can try to take better pics.

I did get the magazine awhile back, nice article but was disappointed there was no mention of Fiberite. Must have been a very, very brief period.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
205 comp, 203 super comp, 190 Hexcelerator II, 180 Sundance
View attachment 18071

185 Sundance II XL Series, 180 Sundance II, 175 Motivator, 170 Hexcelerator.
View attachment 18073

super comp base, all the others are black or dark blue.
View attachment 18074
I loved my Hexcel Comp's in 200 CM and I see that you went with the Alsop binding on the Comp's as well. That was the thought back than, short toe wings for less leverage to pull the toe out of the honeycomb and they were light. They were such a good looking ski Navy with Lime/Electric Green.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
205 comp, 203 super comp, 190 Hexcelerator II, 180 Sundance
View attachment 18071

185 Sundance II XL Series, 180 Sundance II, 175 Motivator, 170 Hexcelerator.
View attachment 18073

super comp base, all the others are black or dark blue.
View attachment 18074

Hart had the Honeycomb Super Comp for awhile. Our Buck Hill rental shop had some demos in a 215 cm.. longest skis I ever skied. Did a heli on them LOL! Gotta wonder if they were made by the same plant/people..

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
I loved my Hexcel Comp's in 200 CM and I see that you went with the Alsop binding on the Comp's as well. That was the thought back than, short toe wings for less leverage to pull the toe out of the honeycomb and they were light. They were such a good looking ski Navy with Lime/Electric Green.

That's the way they came. I literally pulled them out from the bottom of a pile of skis that had been left out in the weather for a long time. The dark spots are where I removed decals. A small part of me wants to try the Allsops but it would take a remount and drilling a hole in some boots. Both pair of Allsops are original to the skis so I don't want to move them. The only Hexcels I have skied are the Sundance II with the LOOK 57s. I have never been much of a zoom zoom guy. I only have a few ski descriptors in my vocabulary like fun and nimble so I gravitate towards shorter light skis. The Sundance II fit that bill. I may be looking for a green pair of Pivots for the 190 Hexcelerator II.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That's the way they came. I literally pulled them out from the bottom of a pile of skis that had been left out in the weather for a long time. The dark spots are where I removed decals. A small part of me wants to try the Allsops but it would take a remount and drilling a hole in some boots. Both pair of Allsops are original to the skis so I don't want to move them. The only Hexcels I have skied are the Sundance II with the LOOK 57s. I have never been much of a zoom zoom guy. I only have a few ski descriptors in my vocabulary like fun and nimble so I gravitate towards shorter light skis. The Sundance II fit that bill. I may be looking for a green pair of Pivots for the 190 Hexcelerator II.
Could you estimate the BSL on those two mounted with the Alsop bindings and how light are the ones with the plastic Alsop bindings? I would ski those but those plastic side wings on the heel may not hold up. I bet that the yellow Alsop plastic runaway strap were nowhere to be found.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Could you estimate the BSL on those two mounted with the Alsop bindings and how light are the ones with the plastic Alsop bindings? I would ski those but those plastic side wings on the heel may not hold up. I bet that the yellow Alsop plastic runaway strap were nowhere to be found.

Both approx 13 inches, 330mm. I have a lousy scale but maybe 8-9 lbs. I did post one strap over in the Allsop thread that came with the comps.

Mack

Getting off the lift
Skier
Few more pic's of my Hexcels that I have. I had the privilege of skiing on many of these Hexcels .
Super Comp
The comp
International
Firelite
The XCT

IMG_6986.jpg

Motivator, Bluelite, Firelite-s, Hexcelerator, Sundance, Sundance - Stiff, Primer Cord, Super Competition.

IMG_6989.jpg

MACK

Sponsor

Staff online