• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a few skis signed "DBS"

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
K2 655-S

Attachments

• 0D898DF4-920B-4CC0-BA07-935F90C05038.jpeg
    0D898DF4-920B-4CC0-BA07-935F90C05038.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 25

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Looks like a Make Up package ski from a big box sports store. The Look GT binding was a good recreational binding that was used by many as a ski package binding.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
That swag looks brand new. Nice. You could win a photo contest with that kind of stuff. :rolleyes: ;)
Haha — I am waiting for the next K2 photo contest ! Undefeated so far in 2 contests. All that stuff is brand new except for the Fanny pack. I bought the backpack for $15 off K2 website. My wife said it looks like a backpack a little kid would use. Me : “I am a little kid when it comes to K2”.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Haha — I am waiting for the next K2 photo contest ! Undefeated so far in 2 contests. All that stuff is brand new except for the Fanny pack. I bought the backpack for $15 off K2 website. My wife said it looks like a backpack a little kid would use. Me : “I am a little kid when it comes to K2”.
Well good luck in your next contest, buster. :beercheer:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

We need to get on board with another contest some time this fall. :)

Eric L

Booting up
Skier
I happened upon this site via a FB group of my old buddies that I stumble upon from time to time; Sunnyside Sliders. Not sure I'll be a regular here but I thought you may be interested in stuff I have.

Wow, I would never have imagined that anyone could accumulate so many skis & swag. You guys are fantastic. What a worm hole you sent me down last night. Being an early K2 team rider on the old hot dog circuits I got a kick out of the nostalgia. I have a few items that I've squirreled away from those times. I'll post a few now. Maybe you'll motivate me to pull out some stuff from the rafters and attic boxes to make my own own museum/shrine. Won't be soon though.

First off, I'm the guy in the lower left corner of this poster of the K2 Performers. I still have that Winter Heat sweater. I can name nearly everyone one there, some 47 years later. One is my wife of 45 years, another has been my best friend since high school. Let me know if you need the names, though I don't think I'll post the last names, just the initial. Seeing the MO around here you can probably figure most of them out yourself. You'll have to chase me down to get more specific.

Eric L

Booting up
Skier
Hmmm, having a boomer moment. I can't seem to post my pics. Maybe there is a some minimum post count to attain before I get that right. Guess I'll do a few more posts.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmmm, having a boomer moment. I can't seem to post my pics. Maybe there is a some minimum post count to attain before I get that right. Guess I'll do a few more posts.
Let me check on that.
You should be able to post photos. Perhaps I can help.

Last edited:

Eric L

Booting up
Skier
Ok I'll give it another try.

It worked!

In the first pic all things are from around 1973-75. The boot bag and "Tyvek" Hot Dog wind shell jacket are from Europe. The rest USA. The white 255 and World Peace fabric bands are heavy canvas seat backs for the common folding Director Chairs. I have a couple of the yellow "duster" caps (that Jim Stelling wears in one of the K2 movies), and multicolor (255??) scarfs. I could bare to part with either and trade for something interesting. I might have a couple of the pictured 255 turtle necks, and golf shirts, size M/L too, so might part with one of those, but I'll have to dig around to confirm. Both shirts are unused and have the original folds and plastic bags you see in the pic, unfortunately the golf shirt has yellowed slightly and isn't perfect, even though its been in that bag and out of the sun its entire life. The only thing, off the top of my head, I'd be interested in trading for is a single set or pair of ~1968-1972? Look Nevada bindings. I have no idea if this is a fair, I'm not a collector. I'd want them to put on the downhill skis in the following pics. they already have holes for that binding.

The Black Cheeta sticks I never used. I used to have Jet Sticks for my ~1970 Raichle Red Hots; you know the hard, split shell boots, but the Sticks are MIA. I met the guy who co-invented Jet Sticks a few years back at a ski club in Dillon that my son belonged to. He and another guy invented, and made them at my home area Crystal Mt. I remember when they came on the scene, and I got a pair as soon as I could. Man did they ever improve what I could do in the bumps.

If you know about the early days of Hot dog/Freestyle skiing the Midas Muffler and obligatory white leather head band need no explanation. I have the rarer Midas Hat too. IMHO those early days of hot dogging lead to the explosion of all things crazy that is done on skis/boards nowadays, (save gate racing of course).

The skis in the next few pics are crammed in the rafters of my pack rat shop. Its too much hassle to get them down for a proper pic.

The K2 comps are 220 downhills. They were used sparingly by me for Gelande contests in the 60's and early 70's. I was told by K2's Dave Callup that the older ones (1968??) are lead weighted and they are heavy!! I'd guess about 20 lbs per pair. I taught skiing with Dave and he helped me and a couple young bucks (and does) at the ski school get sponsored for the early Freestyle circuits. (I'll post a story related to that after this). I keep a third pair of the older 220s mounted with the original (black race spring) Salomon 555's. They are at my ski club for when I feel frisky on a low skier-volume day.

Those orange skis are my my brother in laws Miller Softs. I think they are the first "wide" powder skis. Maybe the Head DP are earlier but they are not wider.

The red x-15s were my first shape ski. They have the little gimmicky piezo light that flashes when they flex. Wow what revelation they were, I always think of the old Hart Movie "magic skis" when ever I get on modern planks, and still do to this day. It's so easy to turn, straight-line and ski powder today, its ridiculous. Those x-15s were my first experience. I won them at a Freestylers reunion/retro contest that Wayne Wong organized at Alpine Meadows around 1998.

The yellow Century skis are my wife's, ~170's. They had Allsop bindings originally. She was sponsored by those two companies for a while til K2 started heavy recruiting. They now have Marker TR bindings for touring, The Century's are very light, like Hexels, so we converted them to touring, which we've always done since the late 1960's, me earlier with my Boy Scout troop.

Not pictured but of note are some original Hexels that I manufactured a hinging touring plate with Spademans for. Combined them with some original grey Scott boots as a light touring set up. I rigged a removable cap on the Scott buckle so the cuff free hinged. Good idea but ever did use it much. Come to think of it we still have some orange & yellow Scott boots of my wife's who was sponsored by them.

Well thats most of my stash. I have other misc stuff but I don't think they are as special as any of the above. Maybe I'll dig it all out some day and post again.

K2 & other swag from attic.jpg
K2 Downhills & Miller Softs in rafters.jpg
K2 red pezio skis.jpg
M's Century skis and Marker TRs in rafters.jpg

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier

It worked!

In the first pic all things are from around 1973-75. The boot bag and "Tyvek" Hot Dog wind shell jacket are from Europe. The rest USA. The white 255 and World Peace fabric bands are heavy canvas seat backs for the common folding Director Chairs. I have a couple of the yellow "duster" caps (that Jim Stelling wears in one of the K2 movies), and multicolor (255??) scarfs. I could bare to part with either and trade for something interesting. I might have a couple of the pictured 255 turtle necks, and golf shirts, size M/L too, so might part with one of those, but I'll have to dig around to confirm. Both shirts are unused and have the original folds and plastic bags you see in the pic, unfortunately the golf shirt has yellowed slightly and isn't perfect, even though its been in that bag and out of the sun its entire life. The only thing, off the top of my head, I'd be interested in trading for is a single set or pair of ~1968-1972? Look Nevada bindings. I have no idea if this is a fair, I'm not a collector. I'd want them to put on the downhill skis in the following pics. they already have holes for that binding.

The Black Cheeta sticks I never used. I used to have Jet Sticks for my ~1970 Raichle Red Hots; you know the hard, split shell boots, but the Sticks are MIA. I met the guy who co-invented Jet Sticks a few years back at a ski club in Dillon that my son belonged to. He and another guy invented, and made them at my home area Crystal Mt. I remember when they came on the scene, and I got a pair as soon as I could. Man did they ever improve what I could do in the bumps.

If you know about the early days of Hot dog/Freestyle skiing the Midas Muffler and obligatory white leather head band need no explanation. I have the rarer Midas Hat too. IMHO those early days of hot dogging lead to the explosion of all things crazy that is done on skis/boards nowadays, (save gate racing of course).

The skis in the next few pics are crammed in the rafters of my pack rat shop. Its too much hassle to get them down for a proper pic.

The K2 comps are 220 downhills. They were used sparingly by me for Gelande contests in the 60's and early 70's. I was told by K2's Dave Callup that the older ones (1968??) are lead weighted and they are heavy!! I'd guess about 20 lbs per pair. I taught skiing with Dave and he helped me and a couple young bucks (and does) at the ski school get sponsored for the early Freestyle circuits. (I'll post a story related to that after this). I keep a third pair of the older 220s mounted with the original (black race spring) Salomon 555's. They are at my ski club for when I feel frisky on a low skier-volume day.

Those orange skis are my my brother in laws Miller Softs. I think they are the first "wide" powder skis. Maybe the Head DP are earlier but they are not wider.

The red x-15s were my first shape ski. They have the little gimmicky piezo light that flashes when they flex. Wow what revelation they were, I always think of the old Hart Movie "magic skis" when ever I get on modern planks, and still do to this day. It's so easy to turn, straight-line and ski powder today, its ridiculous. Those x-15s were my first experience. I won them at a Freestylers reunion/retro contest that Wayne Wong organized at Alpine Meadows around 1998.

The yellow Century skis are my wife's, ~170's. They had Allsop bindings originally. She was sponsored by those two companies for a while til K2 started heavy recruiting. They now have Marker TR bindings for touring, The Century's are very light, like Hexels, so we converted them to touring, which we've always done since the late 1960's, me earlier with my Boy Scout troop.

Not pictured but of note are some original Hexels that I manufactured a hinging touring plate with Spademans for. Combined them with some original grey Scott boots as a light touring set up. I rigged a removable cap on the Scott buckle so the cuff free hinged. Good idea but ever did use it much. Come to think of it we still have some orange & yellow Scott boots of my wife's who was sponsored by them.

Well thats most of my stash. I have other misc stuff but I don't think they are as special as any of the above. Maybe I'll dig it all out some day and post again.

View attachment 211030 View attachment 211031 View attachment 211032 View attachment 211033
Very cool K2 swag . I had the 255 golf and turtleneck shirts ( still have the turtleneck, but badly stained) . I also had one of the yellow caps and wish I kept it. I wore that hat all the time to school in 1978. Thanks for sharing!

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
I happened upon this site via a FB group of my old buddies that I stumble upon from time to time; Sunnyside Sliders. Not sure I'll be a regular here but I thought you may be interested in stuff I have.

Wow, I would never have imagined that anyone could accumulate so many skis & swag. You guys are fantastic. What a worm hole you sent me down last night. Being an early K2 team rider on the old hot dog circuits I got a kick out of the nostalgia. I have a few items that I've squirreled away from those times. I'll post a few now. Maybe you'll motivate me to pull out some stuff from the rafters and attic boxes to make my own own museum/shrine. Won't be soon though.

First off, I'm the guy in the lower left corner of this poster of the K2 Performers. I still have that Winter Heat sweater. I can name nearly everyone one there, some 47 years later. One is my wife of 45 years, another has been my best friend since high school. Let me know if you need the names, though I don't think I'll post the last names, just the initial. Seeing the MO around here you can probably figure most of them out yourself. You'll have to chase me down to get more specific.
In HS plastics shop, I madee a cylinder of this picture! I'd love to know the names of all of them, I only know a handful. I'd love to see the sweater too.. and someday... score a Sunnyside Sliders jacket!

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier

It worked!

View attachment 211030 View attachment 211031 View attachment 211032 View attachment 211033
OMG, I want to raid your house!

Sponsor