• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
View attachment 89786 View attachment 89787 View attachment 89788 View attachment 89789 View attachment 89790 View attachment 89791 View attachment 89792 View attachment 89793 View attachment 89794

Bring on the Lange Girls !!!

Bought these a week ago . They arrived yesterday ...

I would say 1972 .
And they are 175 cm so much too small to try them on the snow and - as always , I would not redrill them .

They need to be cleaned , obviously , as they are the same as when the previous owner stored them after his last season in the early '80 or so I was told .

Fantastic find for my region as Lange - the skis - were never very popular .

Now I must find a Lange Girl willing to be a model for a photoshot ...
Difficult ...

I believe these are actually a mix of model years -
the skis from the early 1970s ,
the bindings from '78 or '79 ( note the custom paint job on the N77s )

good catch on the (red) binding hole plugs
( they are positioned such as Solomon heel units of the 1970s had ('blocks') that anchored the rails of the heel piece ( see DaveP. diagram of a S5x5 or S444 ) ) --

skiJ

Last edited:

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Philpug

This thread needs a couple of pics of the reissued lange pink Panthers. I remember you posting you got a pair of the 200 that were made.

Not sure why lange doesn't do a limited release of them for sale. They'd definitely sell I think.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

skiJ

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
When I was dating my wife we would ski a day trip to Hunter every weekend. I was using this combination of ski and boots, so she decided to surprise me with a Christmas stocking that looked like my ski boots. She didn't have a pattern and did it all freehand by memory. I think she did a great job.
PXL_20211213_172641221.jpg

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I am in search of some 5mm sole lifters for my RS130’s if anyone has any ideas?
48BEEFD4-A312-4E26-B79C-2D54E11E9CBB.jpeg

I would also be stoked on a new pair of those purple X9’s in a 26.5 :ogbiggrin:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
There you go!
And they look "Goode" with the Forza!
Not only do they look good but I think they are the perfect boot for me. Never thought I would say this about a ski boot but I am loving them!
It's not what you know but who you know ;)
Thanks!!!
:beercheer:

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been a Lange Fanboy as of late. Though I had a pair of Mid 5.0 back in the day, I was Langless till the RX130 was introduced around 2012. The translucent green and white in 100 mm last. Loved that boot even though it leaked. Leaked so bad, Lange replaced it. That one was better but still a leaker and the best fitting and performing boot I ever had. So 5 years later, I replaced with the black with green buckle version. Just past summer I picked up the latest version before the Shadow. Just had Surefoot liners and footbeds made. This boot is still skiing better than ever!

Rick G

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Lange Skis 1976-77

View attachment 226852

Skiing Magazine Sept. 1976
I owned the Freestyle model in that picture. IIRC it was a 190 CM length, a very fine ski. It is the ski I took when I went to Aspen February 1979. Also I had the Lange boots in the matching Freestyle model are on my feet.
1000001941.jpg

If you look closely at the tip it has the double bars of Dynamic ski. That is my new bride with me on the chair, Aspen was a great place to go on our honeymoon.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January