• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
I have a pair of Look 99's with the brake up by the toe. The adjuster screw turns but it is very tight and I have a feeling that it is crossed threaded. I got them used and that is the way they came. I am almost afraid to back it off or all the way out because I may not be able to get it back together. Could it be tapped or thread back to the original thread and does any know what thread is used on the adjuster screw?

could be cross threaded also could be rust or contaiminaton. I typically use a large putty knife multi tool called a 5-in-one, to open these bindings they can be VERY stiff after years in the same location. you could also try soaking with WD40 or some other light weight oil it is a bit of a labyrinth to get to the threads but just a little bit might help.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
could be cross threaded also could be rust or contaiminaton. I typically use a large putty knife multi tool called a 5-in-one, to open these bindings they can be VERY stiff after years in the same location. you could also try soaking with WD40 or some other light weight oil it is a bit of a labyrinth to get to the threads but just a little bit might help.
WD 40 always a good option.:golfclap:

Mack

Getting off the lift
Skier
Some more of The Look Bindings ZR - 5-13Din ZL 3-8Din ZRC 7-15 Din.
MACK

View attachment 38306
One more Look ZP Din 3-10 Metal. MACK. And Yes WD 40 is Great!

IMG_7095.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I found this in an old album.
16848_394987765017_3190322_n.jpg

My plan was to put these on a pair of TheSki, but Phil wanted them in his collection so I put other Look bindings on my TheSki and he acquired them for his collection

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Really, I think the ZR toe is the ugliest toe ever devised or at least one of the ugliest. Tyrolia and Dynastar not ski able.

ZR, ZR, Z7 din 5-13, Z9 din 7-15, TT08
IMG_0247.JPG

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
View attachment 56578 What once was old is new again. I had to put these on after Joal's post from the dynastar thread and seeing the new(old) colors from LOOK this season.

Nice combo. Looks like the brakes are a bit of a tight fit. I have noticed beat up modern Pivots on skis are starting to show up in thrift stores so should be able to find wider breaks for very cheap as opposed to new ones for $90. I just picked up a pair of Rossi 155 75 mm brakes mounted on some Rossignols for $7. The narrow brakes are still a little hard to come by but will get them when I can as the prongs are an inch longer than the vintage prongs.

If that is the all metal Forza....I'd ski that.

I have 11 pair of Forza and they are all metal. I had been assuming all Forza are metal but not all 3D are metal.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
If that is the all metal Forza....I'd ski that.

oh ..yea, all metal goodness here. also one of the cleanest vintage bindings I've ever found. these have been through the "full treatment" and test perfectly with the vermont safety device. the brakes have been extended with some stainless steel spacers brazed in. this is the third pair I've spaced out like this. works perfectly.

Sponsor