• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW The Rossi SM was a GS ski and the ST was the SL ski..

As if there really was much different between the two other than a sheet of metal. ;)

But duly noted, all the same.

AdamSkiTech

Booting up
Skier
I would not trust an M36 heel...or 46...Maybe a 46R and I would have no problem with an MR/MRR...other than bending down every time to clip in.
I still have later model MRR's(M48 vintage) on two pair of K2's. Even with a little crack on the toe piece cover the mechanics of the binding are still dead on and dependable. A.

I do wish they would recreate a modern version. Even at 58 I can pull them on and in deep powder, or on steep, a yard sale still makes me glad I don't have to step down. Now my Look turntables are something else. I swear by turn tables for knee protection.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I still have later model MRR's(M48 vintage) on two pair of K2's. Even with a little crack on the toe piece cover the mechanics of the binding are still dead on and dependable. A.

Yeah, they could withstand so much abuse it was incredible. I have a few sets of the M46 and M48 vintage ones.

I do wish they would recreate a modern version. Even at 58 I can pull them on and in deep powder, or on steep, a yard sale still makes me glad I don't have to step down. Now my Look turntables are something else. I swear by turn tables for knee protection.

Hear hear! It was the best for powder, so much easier to manage than a Look turntable. Most of my powder skis as a teenage ski academy racer were "blown up" GS skis with MRRs on them and they just plain worked in the often bottomless Utah powder. I miss their utility and their light weight.

That design is still perfectly legit today from a mechanical standpoint. Sadly the powers-that-be at Marker felt that step-in was the only way forward and the successor version - the step-in MRR - was a hot mess.

If anybody from Marker is reading this: there is a market for the Rotomat heel in the modern era.

wildman5357

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
View attachment 83757 View attachment 83756 Hello All,

This post is to answer KingGrump who commented on a photo of my ski/binding combination. Modern 2018/19 Stockli Laser SC's with Marker MRR's.
Well.....I so happen to love MRR's and when I decided to buy some new modern skis the Stockli's, I had a set of these stashed for almost 15 years I think. There wasn't a single shop that would touch it, I had previous experience working is a ski shop in the early 80's so it wasn't like I hadn't done this before. I bought a Marker jig and the correct drill bit...piece of cake.
When I ski them I get a comment every now and then. I just smile and say bye-bye.

Cheers,
Earl J
do you want to sell the MRR JIG ?

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Marker M4-FDSB from the mid 70's. I received them NIB.

M4 FDSR.jpg