• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
#9 · May 15, 2013

I was at the Lamborghini Family Museum on Monday, and Fabio Lamborghini showed us many sets of ski's that were made by Ferruccio and branded Lamborghini. The history in this museum is amazing, Ferruccio made many different things apart from the super cars. I have no idea of the expected value.
Regards
Mike

Only one poor picture of skis but did not know Lamborghini started out making tractors. Interesting tour.

We learned that Lamborghini made everything from skis to helicopters.
I’ve been in that factory- hell, they made tractors. That region of Italy -Bologna /Emelia Romanga is home to Ducati and Campagnolo as well. Oh, and some of the best food in Italy.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I was just gifted this by a friend. While it could simply be a blanket I suspect otherwise. We think it was a salesman's sampler. Any ideas for what purpose? A sweater vendor?

blanket sampler area logos.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The king of vintage replied on FB to my post there:
1669477481872.png

Richard mentioned they also made hats with the logos.

Sure enough: Colorado Knitting Mills

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
How about a Nava?

Nava Ski System boot/binding system
13FC932A-B00F-466F-87C1-6216496AFBBD.jpeg

At Aspen East Ski Shop near Killington.

That red piece behind the upper calf is the end of a bar that connects at the white part of the binding. You can see a black rod coming into a pivot point there.
The boot has a metal piece on the sole, maybe slightly less than half way between midpoint and end of toe. That clicks into a receiver on the ski, then the heel clicks into a plunger coming out of the heel piece. There is no toepiece.

The boot has two sets of laces, tightened by pulling then locking in with one of those plastic lace lockers. That seemed high tech , but it’s not that old. ‘83?

The weirdest feeling boot. Tons of flex, but oddly it has rebound. Like you’re flexing light spring steel, but I don’t see it in the boot.
There’s a long bar that goes behind your leg to support you aft. I guess because the boot doesn’t do it. That part does work to some extent- it’s like a cushioned rear support.

It would be fascinating to ski it. It’s not high performance, and might actually be terrifying. It does seem like it would be a cushioned ride.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How about a Nava?

Nava Ski System boot/binding system
View attachment 202630
At Aspen East Ski Shop near Killington.

That red piece behind the upper calf is the end of a bar that connects at the white part of the binding. You can see a black rod coming into a pivot point there.
The boot has a metal piece on the sole, maybe slightly less than half way between midpoint and end of toe. That clicks into a receiver on the ski, then the heel clicks into a plunger coming out of the heel piece. There is no toepiece.

The boot has two sets of laces, tightened by pulling then locking in with one of those plastic lace lockers. That seemed high tech , but it’s not that old. ‘83?

The weirdest feeling boot. Tons of flex, but oddly it has rebound. Like you’re flexing light spring steel, but I don’t see it in the boot.
There’s a long bar that goes behind your leg to support you aft. I guess because the boot doesn’t do it. That part does work to some extent- it’s like a cushioned rear support.

It would be fascinating to ski it. It’s not high performance, and might actually be terrifying. It does seem like it would be a cushioned ride.
If you do some searching, there is video on me skiing the Nava at Sugarbush.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I passed by these a couple times over the past couple weeks. Today I decded to pay the two bucks and change to take them home and toss them over the tips of the retro skis in the corner..

Mens size L

1683930717395.png

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid