• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All Things Molitor

Molitor Ski Boots

Molitor - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Oct 1971 - Raichle - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

SKI Sept 1976 - Raichle - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Dec 1972 - Pugski - Raichle.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Dec 1963 - Molitor - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Of course I assume no-one is forgetting the classic Spalding Molitor golf ball, circa ages ago

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I have a pair of those 1963 Molitor lace boots, with red instead of black accents. Mine are actually 1964-1965 boots. I grew early, had my adult foot young. My dad was very excited to get me a pair and “fit them” in a warm bathtub. Remember it like it was yesterday.
Serious race boots of the day. Replaced exactly one year later by new technology, Hierling buckle boots. Then two years later by Langes.

Those Molitors mean a lot to me. They came along with a pair of wooden Kastle SL’s with Marker turntables. Dad setting me up with my first real race set up. I was 11. With big feet. Skis were 185’s.

The boots have sat by one of the fireplace hearths in the various ski houses that my wife and I have owned over the years.

Kind of crazy. Most equipment has long since left the house!

Royal

UTAH
Skier
IMAG0132.jpg
Molitors are my go-to lace-up leather boot for retro skis from the 60s especially those with the early marker toes that require notches. they ski pretty well and look great too. I feel some of the early skis are actually more fun with the leather boots. kind of a matching technologies thing. also a strong background in telemarking is very helpful skiing thses old boots.

IMAG0132.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 56969 Molitors are my go-to lace-up leather boot for retro skis from the 60s especially those with the early marker toes that require notches. they ski pretty well and look great too. I feel some of the early skis are actually more fun with the leather boots. kind of a matching technologies thing. also a strong background in telemarking is very helpful skiing thses old boots.

View attachment 56969
You talk about the Marker toe that had to be notched and I do remember them, but the toe in the photo is a Look toe and only the Look 1 toe had notches and the Look II toe did not need notches. It looks like a Look II toe in the photo.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
Know the pic os of LOOK bindings. I do not have a pic of these Molitors in the Marker setup. I have skied multiple setups with these boots. I love the fit and they look so cool with the decorative stitching.

Sponsor