• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All Things Moog

Moog Ski Bindings

SKIING Sept 1978 - Moog - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Moog Molnar SKI 1976 Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Holiday Jan 1978 - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

bluebomber

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello, I have some Moog bindings and would like to ski them. They have a "D" cartridge. would that be sufficient for 5' 10" 190 lb male?

Clowncar

Skier
They STILL look like a bad idea.
I had a pair of these on a pair of Blizzard Hotdogs in the 70's. They were way ahead of their time. You were an easy 3 inches taller. 99% of the time they worked perfect. That 1% though..... So the binding would release and pop the plate but the plate would jam on the other connect point. So, you could recover sometimes but the ski is still on your foot and it's 15 degrees off center. If you can one leg it fine....

Other time, one back cable broke on a landing.....wiped me out. No big deal. But, the ski shop couldn't fix it because you know 100% proprietary. These days Moog makes good car brakes and missile systems. Wisely got out of ski binding business.

Clowncar

Skier
Hello, I have some Moog bindings and would like to ski them. They have a "D" cartridge. would that be sufficient for 5' 10" 190 lb male?
No, don't do it. You are dealing with components that are 30 years old. They'd look bitchin' on a wall above the fireplace. Better image than you in the emergency ward. They were a novelty in their day. Certainly not safe these days.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
moog_multimoog.jpg

I owned 2 of these, had them side by side on top of my Fender Rhodes.

Sponsor

Staff online