• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
** I am describing my yellow MARK V’s
I also hope to one day ski my black MARK V’s a straight up old school slalom ski. Back in the day a standard Slalom ski was 195cm
Not 150cm lol.
Most of the guys I skied with were on 204cm for SL and 210 for GS. I was on a 190 because I was TINY in high school. 190 -195cm is what most adult women raced on..

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
In high school my race skis started at 205 cm for SLs and went up from there.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
In high school my race skis started at 205 cm for SLs and went up from there.
Those Rossi STs on the right are 207s. I bought them for the bindings, never skied them.. I did ski those 204 cm K2 VO's and most of the other non kid skis there though.. The K2 Fours (195cm) were super fun..

1645408429144.png

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Most of the guys I skied with were on 204cm for SL and 210 for GS. I was on a 190 because I was TINY in high school. 190 -195cm is what most adult women raced on..
Wasn't it you that told me 190's were girls skis?

Uncle-A

Skier
Free to a good home, just pay shipping.

View attachment 160200
Someone left these outside a ski shop. I went in to ask about them and the shop owner said 'What skis?' Wink wink, nod, nod. I suspect that the shop didn't want to adjust them for someone and they abandoned them. The only defects are the previous owner's engraved name covered with, apparently, blue nail polish. Note, these are the rear facing brakes/AFDs, not the suicide front facing ones.
They look like later model Mark III's the earliest Mark III's I don't think they had the gray color on the tails. BTW what length are they?

Uncle-A

Skier
** I am describing my yellow MARK V’s
I also hope to one day ski my black MARK V’s a straight up old school slalom ski. Back in the day a standard Slalom ski was 195cm
Not 150cm lol.
The Mark V's are GS not SL the VI's are the SL ski.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wasn't it you that told me 190's were girls skis?
Maybe, @Philpug said so LOL.. When I was 5'4" and weighted 90 pounds they worked well for me... Again though, everyone else my age was on 204s for SL.. and outweighed me by 30 pounds +

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
I used to pretend that I gained weight in the winter to ski faster down the hill, then would loose it during the summer to be light and quick for surfing.
Truth was holiday over eating and just more exercise in Summer lol.
But I actually was living out of a real high school acquaintance’s playbook who played football one season, when he bulked up extra pounds only to loose all that additional weight for wrestling season that followed. Something like that.
But at 16 years old I am talking about my weight swing of 145lbs summer and 160lbs winter. Back in the day...
Meanwhile 204cm are my VR27’s SL - stiff as an F250 leaf spring, hope to ski them one day. But even at 160lbs I skied on 205’s a lot.

Can we say it is ok to find 185’s a nice length ?
Today? And in my 60’s, & without giving away my current weight - let’s just say it is twice my 16 year old winter weight minus 120 lbs. lol

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
I used to pretend that I gained weight in the winter to ski faster down the hill, then would loose it during the summer to be light and quick for surfing.
Truth was holiday over eating and just more exercise in Summer lol.
But I actually was living out of a real high school acquaintance’s playbook who played football one season, when he bulked up extra pounds only to loose all that additional weight for wrestling season that followed. Something like that.
But at 16 years old I am talking about my weight swing of 145lbs summer and 160lbs winter. Back in the day...
Meanwhile 204cm are my VR27’s SL - stiff as an F250 leaf spring, hope to ski them one day. But even at 160lbs I skied on 205’s a lot.

Can we say it is ok to find 185’s a nice length ?
Today? And in my 60’s, & without giving away my current weight - let’s just say it is twice my 16 year old winter weight minus 120 lbs. lol
Back when I was 155 LBS I skied 200 CM skis, some were great others were like a spring board. Maybe that is why I like softer skis today.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'll still ski a 195 as a GS ski and a fatter 192 in deep snow. 186 for all mountain.. But my little hill skis are much shorter, 170ish..

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
Free to a good home, just pay shipping.

View attachment 160200
Someone left these outside a ski shop. I went in to ask about them and the shop owner said 'What skis?' Wink wink, nod, nod. I suspect that the shop didn't want to adjust them for someone and they abandoned them. The only defects are the previous owner's engraved name covered with, apparently, blue nail polish. Note, these are the rear facing brakes/AFDs, not the suicide front facing ones.
shipping to 49911 ( or maybe 54661 )

Definitely interested. skiJ

Type917

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I like skiing the old stuff as well… took the Mark VI,s, Look ski poles out in Feb. did my best James Bond and everything went well (no one shot at me). The Pierre Cardin goggles didn’t hold up…had to switch those out after 1 run…go figure lol…
I heard the Mark VI’s from The Bond movie are going up for auction. Any word on that?

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
In a broad spectrum of threads on this SkiTalk site I don’t know the best place to post this, so here on this thread I would like to wish everyone one the site;
Happy Thanksgiving!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
In a broad spectrum of threads on this SkiTalk site I don’t know the best place to post this, so here on this thread I would like to wish everyone one the site;
Happy Thanksgiving!
@da-cat Think you are on the Mark.
Everywhere is the right so=pot to wish well to others.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh look! Olins!

Olin Sierras.jpg

Or are they N170s?

N170 Olin Sierras.jpg

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
I haven’t telemark skied, are these skis ok for that?
At the beginnings of the shaped ski revolution those drastic wide tips were showing up on many brands, then toned down a season or two later.
Just wondering if they are a good design for telemark skiing?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I dont know about N170's, but they sure look a lot like BBR's
105/70/97 in a 188, pretty normal sidecut. I think the image is showing some distortion of their actual shape.

BBR was 147/88/102 and lengths 166/176/186

I haven’t telemark skied, are these skis ok for that?
At the beginnings of the shaped ski revolution those drastic wide tips were showing up on many brands, then toned down a season or two later.
Just wondering if they are a good design for telemark skiing?
They skied telemark great which is the reason they are still mounted up for tele. I don't use them much, though. I should probably put the Rottefella 7TMs on them instead of the archaic, yet at the time, leg saving Voilé release plate and 3-pin. Sentimental, I suppose.

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
A while back I bought a pair of OLIN Catalyst skis in 190cm.
Word on the street is these are re-badged K2-Fours.
A similar pair of OLINs showed up later on eBay and one ski had a K2 logo under the tip lol.
Meanwhile I wanted a shaped ski in 190cm thinking you wouldn’t see this much anymore as most shaped skis made do well below that length.
They are a blast to ski. Have a cool Red and Blue “Spider-Man” look to them too.
If you have ever skied a K2 Four in 190 then you know what I like about skiing on my OLIN Catalysts!

here is a pair with similar graphics
Shorter

Attachments

• BE815993-0F59-4F3C-A3F2-7E33E1234499.jpeg
    BE815993-0F59-4F3C-A3F2-7E33E1234499.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Sponsor