• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am still looking for a pair of Comp IV's ( have the orange/white poles) . I will put on some 727E's and ideally find some Nordica Hurricanes or worse case use my Polaris.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Philpug What length would you like?

!80, 185, 190, 195
IMG_0981 (2).JPG

Tony214

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi. Does anyone happen to know the value of Vintage Olin Mark I M-series w/fully functional Mark M4/44 Bindings I have?

Attachments

• 20191019_213753.jpg
    20191019_213753.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 19

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
being a bit of a downer but I'm not sure any old ski has any real value unless your lucky to find some one wants them for sentimental value.
I gave a pair of those to a buddy for driveway markers at Baker where we both skied them in the mid 70's.
I was originally going to put them in the dumpster, now that he sold the cabin I suspect the new owner will put them there.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Hi. Does anyone happen to know the value of Vintage Olin Mark I M-series w/fully functional Mark M4/44 Bindings I have?
Welcome!

I arrived on a ski forum looking for a pair of Javelins. Usually these older skis are only worth the cost of shipping. I have 70 pair that I want to get rid of and that's all I'm asking: Lots of classic and vintage skis

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Honesty. They are not even worth the cost of shipping. Prop them up in the corner of your rec room or above your tuning table and make up some cool story about them that you can share with anyone who asks "What's the deal with those old skis?"

Mack

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hey there! Don't let negative comments discourage you about those ski's. There is always a value to someone. There are many collectors out there looking for vintage skis like what you have. Take a look at "All thing's Olin", collectors like Bill Talbot, Joel, and mine (Mack). Try putting them on Ebay. There are many collectors that have not discovered the Pugski site! Good Luck,
MACK

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier

That MARK l version has a great color. What is the length?
I believe when OLIN recycled the MARK l and MARK ll versions, like your M SERIES here, this was a ski for novice skiers. I am guessing they are soft, might be a good powder ski if they are soft. ? They look great, I would keep them.

Since I own the original release Black small letter OLIN MARK l's, and the original release Red MARK ll V.C.E.'s, for me personally, these OLIN skis with new colors produced later for both of these MARK series have never really been on my wish list.
.... But that may change one day, like when I suddenly realize, they are the only colors I don't have!

Tony214

Skier
That MARK l version has a great color. What is the length?
I believe when OLIN recycled the MARK l and MARK ll versions, like your M SERIES here, this was a ski for novice skiers. I am guessing they are soft, might be a good powder ski if they are soft. ? They look great, I would keep them.

Since I own the original release Black small letter OLIN MARK l's, and the original release Red MARK ll V.C.E.'s, for me personally, these OLIN skis with new colors produced later for both of these MARK series have never really been on my wish list.
.... But that may change one day, like when I suddenly realize, they are the only colors I don't have!

They are soft and 72". Been doing alot of research on them and was also advised like most of the comments it's just finding an interested buyer. I was just curious the value as they were handed to me. Thanks for the feedback

Tony214

Skier
Honesty. They are not even worth the cost of shipping. Prop them up in the corner of your rec room or above your tuning table and make up some cool story about them that you can share with anyone who asks "What's the deal with those old skis?"

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, they were handed down to me to keep or see their worth. No biggie, will just place them on Ebay cheap so they can go to someone who values them for sentimental purposes, etc.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
1990 ....
OLIN AMX 1990

The reviews in Ski Magazine were fantastic ... an ''All Around Star '' !

Well , I found them last week at $29,99
i argue with the manager for a rebate , saying that the bindings were busted .
He refused ... telling me to come back a week later and if they were not sold , he would let them out for cheap .
But who in his right mind would buy a 30 years old ski with busted bindings and a brand that no one knows ( now ) .

I came back today , got them at $4.99 !
The employees were laughing because it was the first time the boss was wrong or so they said .

Now they are home .
The bindings are off .
A ''new'' pair of Salomon is waiting to be put on them . I don't even have to drill. them !

They will be probably on par with the BBR as far as powder skis !!
If only we could get powder at some point ... for now the local hills are still closed .

Anyway ... proof that a good ski never dies .
They get killed by ignorance !

Now , this saying is not correct for bindings , obviously ..
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online