• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All Things Persenico

Persenico Skis

Persenico - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

SKIING Nov 1967 - Cober, la Dolomite, Persenico  - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
024.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG
030.JPG
031.JPG
029.JPG
028.JPG

Two weekends ago , I went to Maine .
Surfing ...
Between two sessions I went to have a bagel and a coffee at a new place .
Behind , a shed with a lot of antiques . I went in ... end there they were : a pair of Persenico from 1958 or 1959 .
I jumped on the occasion and paid $20 !!!
And the man gave me the poles that went with the Persenico : brand new or very little usage , like the skis .
Check under Cober and you will see them ...
Now , at Customs , I had to explain why a guy with two longboards on the top of hie car also had a pair of downhill skis ...

If only I could find some Spalding Sideral and Formidable 205 and up !

Yes , I will try these Persenico at the bottom of the bunny slope as soon as we have snow ( !!! ) if only to make one or two turns !

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Persenico 96dpi.jpg

Web Photo - 1972

Royal

UTAH
Skier
interesting LOOK toe and ????heel combo in the middle. what are the bindings on the formidables?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
interesting LOOK toe and ????heel combo in the middle. what are the bindings on the formidables?
The heel in the middle looks like a very early Marker. Not sure what bindings are on the Formidable's.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Based in Chiavenna Italy, subsequently purchased by Spalding and now the factory is as I understand it used by Blossom skis

pud

Putting on skis
Skier
My first first pair of skis were Persenico's that I bought from Karl Hostetter in 1969. They were metal and delaminated after two seasons, maybe 20 days.

Todd Persenico

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just found your group. Thanks for having me. My family owned Persenico Skis. I am looking to buy any Persenico paperwork that I do not own. I would love to get the ad pictured above with the 5 men. Please let me know if you have anything for sale.
Thanks, Todd Persenico

Woody

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just found your group. Thanks for having me. My family owned Persenico Skis. I am looking to buy any Persenico paperwork that I do not own. I would love to get the ad pictured above with the 5 men. Please let me know if you have anything for sale.
Thanks, Todd Persenico
Hello Todd! Funny you responding at a time where I am getting nostalgic for my riding my 1984 Spaulding Squadra Corse skis. I was always curious about their lineage in Italy and just learned about Persenico story. I don't have any paperwork to share, but would like to learn more about the old Chiavenna Italy factory. I hear they make Blossom Skis there now. Maybe can visit it someday, after I retire?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Shared by @cuppy

"Back in the 60's & thru the 80's, my parents skied in Aspen. My folks have both passed away and upon cleaning out their garage (up in the rafters), these Persenico Chiavena skis were discovered. These skis with original boots & lacings still attached & bindings have been handed down to me.
I'm curious WHEN these were made".

20210108_155401.jpg
20210108_160021.jpg
20210108_163940.jpg
20210108_172305.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, Todd Persenico

Ask on this Facebook page:
Sciatori d'Epoca
It is a private group with 14,000 members

Sponsor

Staff online