• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Didn't Rossie do a "retro" 41 for their 100th anniversary or some such number? That says a lot about its' place in their history.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Didn't Rossie do a "retro" 41 for their 100th anniversary or some such number? That says a lot about its' place in their history.
They did the 41 as a throwback ski a few years ago, the did a 4S which @FairToMiddlin and the currently have a ST 650 for Europe
DD53AFD2-9D7F-4100-9138-877A72085DC3.jpeg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
ban.JPG
ban2.JPG
ban4.JPG
ban5.JPG
ban6.JPG
ban7.JPG
ban3.JPG

Brand new pair of 2003 Rossignol Bandit XXX
The ski Gods are with me ...

These skis never saw snow except from the car to the house .
I read the reviews from 2003 and I think I would like to try them in powder . Not that they would ever be better than the BBR in bottomless snow but it could be right for the in-between .

Plus the design is cool .
Real classy , the colors ...
Well , I prefer flashier colors but this is nice .

I will let you know , next Sunday , is they smoke the BBR !!!

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Strato would make sense to round out the package.

I did see a pair for sale once and if memory serves (and it often does not) I think it came up in convo at epic.

1582208631660.png

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
View attachment 94218 View attachment 94219 View attachment 94220 View attachment 94221 View attachment 94222 View attachment 94223 View attachment 94224

Brand new pair of 2003 Rossignol Bandit XXX
The ski Gods are with me ...

These skis never saw snow except from the car to the house .
I read the reviews from 2003 and I think I would like to try them in powder . Not that they would ever be better than the BBR in bottomless snow but it could be right for the in-between .

Plus the design is cool .
Real classy , the colors ...
Well , I prefer flashier colors but this is nice .

I will let you know , next Sunday , is they smoke the BBR !!!
These are excellent skis ... and I would use them for heavier snow than fluffy powder . Then the BBR are better ... One thing about these Bandit is that they track well and are really stable at higher speed . I wonder what they would be at 195 cm ...

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
009.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
008.JPG
007.JPG

What were you doing in 1969 ?

Me , I was a boarder in a catholic school ... well nothing else around at that time and , anyway , my parents were hoping that I would be touched by Grace !
Sadly , three years later , I touched not grace but Claire ... and that was it ! At the same time , I started ''real'' skiing .

Well , while I was freezing to death in the communal bedroom , Rossignol was launching his Concorde .
Its best selling intermediate ski .

Tho days ago , I found a pair that survived time and grace quite well .
Their flex is still intact ... quite springy to say the least .
So much , in fact , that I will sharpen their edges and test them tomorrow evening .

Thus , more to come !

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 94600 View attachment 94601 View attachment 94602 View attachment 94603 View attachment 94604 View attachment 94605 View attachment 94606 View attachment 94607 View attachment 94608

What were you doing in 1969 ?

Me , I was a boarder in a catholic school ... well nothing else around at that time and , anyway , my parents were hoping that I would be touched by Grace !
Sadly , three years later , I touched not grace but Claire ... and that was it ! At the same time , I started ''real'' skiing .

Well , while I was freezing to death in the communal bedroom , Rossignol was launching his Concorde .
Its best selling intermediate ski .

Tho days ago , I found a pair that survived time and grace quite well .
Their flex is still intact ... quite springy to say the least .
So much , in fact , that I will sharpen their edges and test them tomorrow evening .

Thus , more to come !
The S444's maybe the second set of bindings, I don't think the S444 was available the same time as the Concorde. I think they came out later than the ski.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
You are right about the 444 : I think the binding appeared in 1972/1973 ... quite good in fact even if I tried the 404 first and preferred the 505 ... but that was later on in time .
If you look at the pictures ... and I focused on the bindings part ... there are no plugged holes to be seen .
So it could very well be the original bindings !

You know where I live : it is a backward corner of the woods where each novelty arrives a few years later than anywhere else .
I suspect that it is what happened ... the skis were sold later ... Or kept in storage by a buyer to be used later ... I imagine that you , as well as me , has a few unmounted pairs of skis waiting in a wardrobe ... Or it was an unsold that was picked up on sale later by a client .

It could be anything ....

The topsheep looks pretty nice , with tittle marks .
By the bottom you can see they were used , a regular usage probably by a single individual . The leashes had been tied together and are dry , the clips rusted in place . They were stored for a long time !

If only these skis and the others I have could talk !

Thank you for reading my entries !

Uncle-A

Skier
You are right about the 444 : I think the binding appeared in 1972/1973 ... quite good in fact even if I tried the 404 first and preferred the 505 ... but that was later on in time .
If you look at the pictures ... and I focused on the bindings part ... there are no plugged holes to be seen .
So it could very well be the original bindings !

You know where I live : it is a backward corner of the woods where each novelty arrives a few years later than anywhere else .
I suspect that it is what happened ... the skis were sold later ... Or kept in storage by a buyer to be used later ... I imagine that you , as well as me , has a few unmounted pairs of skis waiting in a wardrobe ... Or it was an unsold that was picked up on sale later by a client .

It could be anything ....

The topsheep looks pretty nice , with tittle marks .
By the bottom you can see they were used , a regular usage probably by a single individual . The leashes had been tied together and are dry , the clips rusted in place . They were stored for a long time !

If only these skis and the others I have could talk !

Thank you for reading my entries !
The S 404 and the Salomon S bindings may have the same holes, so a reuse of older holes is possible.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Totally right !
I read too many mysteries : I see a lot of possibilities in something that is very often quite simple !

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
Here's a few of my old collection. The prestige skis were the best condition of drilled skis I ever found. They were ready to ski and like new. Also the Nancy Greene skies were in the trash and that was the first pair I had ever seen.

D380E1A7-3A60-4D1E-9527-1C8DDCE49605_1_105_c.jpeg

Uncle-A

Skier
They look like a bunch of Special Make Up skis that big box sporting goods store use as a package ski and the low level bindings may support that therory. The Strato 105 with Look GT's look small are they Jr. skis?

604Sean

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier

I can remember the FP, ST Comp's in that old silver color (around '81/'82?), but these downhills skis were quite a bit beefier; the tips were more rounded and not so sharp, and they didn't rise up as much as the FP's etc. It had a silvery blue color as well, but not the striping of the FP's. Those FP's were my first race skis.....I babied those things.....mounted with red tyrolia 360's; wish I still had them:)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
747/747 Equipe were the best back in the day
I was more a Marker MRR fan is era, but I was a but 727/727E fan prior.
I can remember the FP, ST Comp's in that old silver color (around '81/'82?), but these downhills skis were quite a bit beefier; the tips were more rounded and not so sharp, and they didn't rise up as much as the FP's etc. It had a silvery blue color as well, but not the striping of the FP's. Those FP's were my first race skis.....I babied those things.....mounted with red tyrolia 360's; wish I still had them:)
I skied the silver/red/blue ST...I really liked that ski. It was a great bump ski back east.

Sponsor