• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Hi guys, does anyone know what length the 4s Kevlar in that turquoise colour came in? Looking for a slalom length in about a 203-205
My best educated guess is 170 - 207 because that is constant with other Rossi SL skis.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
it was the Slalom ski(3G was the GS) so all lengths would be "the slalom length" no? I have a pair in 207. I bought new in plastic a few years ago. mounted up with RS99's only skied twice. super fun ski too. here is a pic of them unmounted
IMAG1137.jpg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
I was walking along the river yesterday , weeping at my lost youth .
No , not the majestic St Laurent , carrying the excrements of Montreal toward the sea .
I was walking along the twin of the Kennebec , its evil twin , rampaging each Spring , taking cows and pigs and turkeys toward their doom .

There was , on the street , a kind of Goodwill store .
I entered , willing to spend a few coppers on books and breloques .
But there , at the entrance , behold !
A pair of Rossignol 3G , purple blue and kind of new .

My eyes could not entertain the sight.
I did not want to be too excited .
And I blamed those damn cataracts and I choked .
I touched the planks , top and bottom .
I looked at the bindings .

203 , it was written on the side .
Could they go to the mythic 12 ?
Would they fit my elfin foot ?

I made up my mind and shelled the dough ...

Pour faire une histoire courte , they fit on my boots .
Now all I need is snow , a lot of snow .
To be , again , to glow .

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 10
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 7
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 8

altabrig

Drifting like a long radius with some tail rocker.
Skier
^poetry!

Beauty eh.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
^poetry!

Beauty eh.
Not very good poetry ... I could have done better but I was short on time . There is beauty in everyday tools ... more so when the tools feed your passion . Now , if only we could have some snow !

Luke222

Booting up
Skier
Got these white rossignol sts carbon in 205. What sort of ski were they? Slalom? Were they a cheaper, lower level to the 7s?
IMG_1605.jpeg

Uncle-A

Skier
Got these white rossignol sts carbon in 205. What sort of ski were they? Slalom? Were they a cheaper, lower level to the 7s?
View attachment 222993
STS was the softer ST SL ski. Not for racing but for the good recreational skier. I have skied the STS in the older version and it was a very pleasant ski. It was extremely popular when I was working in the shops, some seasons they would be the first ski to sell out every one we carried. Make sure you have a good tune and the ski will give you a very pleasant ride.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Anyone want a pair of 200cm ST Equipes?

pre-DIN N77s included. Front facing brakes included.

Can probably meet Mid-Atlantic, otherwise $hipping.

Last edited:

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hello, I had a pair of Rossignol skis I got as a kid for Christmas. They would have been pretty short as I was maybe 8-9 years old. To my memory they looked like these Rossignol Strato skis with the red and blue pattern. This would have been early 1970s.

Does anyone know if these Rossignol Strato came as shorter skis for kids? These ones are 62". Maybe that was a kids ski back in the day.

They had a different set of bindings than in this picture, and I don't have any memory of what bindings were on the skis.

Thank you.

1707240028241.png

Uncle-A

Skier
Hello, I had a pair of Rossignol skis I got as a kid for Christmas. They would have been pretty short as I was maybe 8-9 years old. To my memory they looked like these Rossignol Strato skis with the red and blue pattern. This would have been early 1970s.

Does anyone know if these Rossignol Strato came as shorter skis for kids? These ones are 62". Maybe that was a kids ski back in the day.

They had a different set of bindings than in this picture, and I don't have any memory of what bindings were on the skis.

Thank you.

View attachment 224210
The color pattern is of the Rossi Stratoflex not the Strato it was an intermediate ski and they did make a Jr. ski. I have skied the adult model in an earlier version that was all orange in color. It was a very pleasant ski and had a comfortable ride.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, that must be the one. My parents got bight orange Rossignols and I got the ones that look like the picture above. Thank you for the info on the Stratoflex. Do you know what binding would have been on the Jr. model? I don’t recognize the bindings in the picture above. I’m pretty sure they had a leash.

Uncle-A

Skier
Yes, that must be the one. My parents got bight orange Rossignols and I got the ones that look like the picture above. Thank you for the info on the Stratoflex. Do you know what binding would have been on the Jr. model? I don’t recognize the bindings in the picture above. I’m pretty sure they had a leash.
The binding in the picture looks like a plate binding, that could be a Besser binding. If you go to the "All Things Besser" thread in the Ski Heritage section of the forum you can get a good look at what that binding looks like. Most likely a Look binding would be put on a Rossignol but there are several other options like Salomon or Tyrolia because they all make a Jr binding.

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
My 2nd pair of skis back around 1977 was the Roc R Series R, the recreational version of the ST Comp. I Googled for a pic but this was the closest I could find.

1707311995401.png

Didn't ski Rossi's again for about 35 years when I got the 1st generation Experience 98, my first wide body ski.

1707312121403.png

My 3rd pair of Rossis were just putchased this year. The Experience 82 TI. Love this ski!

1707312231633.png

Of course there have been many other skis from other brands throughout the years!

Rick G

Uncle-A

Skier
My 2nd pair of skis back around 1977 was the Roc R Series R, the recreational version of the ST Comp. I Googled for a pic but this was the closest I could find.

View attachment 224326

Didn't ski Rossi's again for about 35 years when I got the 1st generation Experience 98, my first wide body ski.

View attachment 224327

My 3rd pair of Rossis were just putchased this year. The Experience 82 TI. Love this ski!

View attachment 224328

Of course there have been many other skis from other brands throughout the years!

Rick G
In the Rossi line the Roc was the GS racing ski but Series R was Reinforced so it could be skied in a shorter length. Both the ST and the Roc was available in the Series R option.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The binding in the picture looks like a plate binding, that could be a Besser binding. If you go to the "All Things Besser" thread in the Ski Heritage section of the forum you can get a good look at what that binding looks like. Most likely a Look binding would be put on a Rossignol but there are several other options like Salomon or Tyrolia because they all make a Jr binding.
Thanks for the information. I read through the Look thread and I’m quite sure the orange adult skis had Look GTs. Maybe the junior skis had the GTs also, but I can’t remember.

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
In the Rossi line the Roc was the GS racing ski but Series R was Reinforced so it could be skied in a shorter length. Both the ST and the Roc was available in the Series R option.
Ahh, mine was a 185 IIRC. Didn't know much about skis back then, just that I wanted a new pair and those were on sale.

Rick G

Sponsor

Staff online