• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I picked up a pair of demo 2020 S/Max Blasts for a good deal a few weeks. I've never been on a Solomon before as I'm primarily a Stockli or Volkl girl. Just looking for another pair of slalom type skis to keep around. Haven't decided if they are staying in CT or going to Bromley. Definitely not Magic as I mostly ski my rock skis there.
Should be fun, I'm looking forward to trying them.

1627143836580.png

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Didn't the Orange 555 bindings have a heaver spring than the Gold 555 bindings?
I believe they do as they were made at the end of the run before they were replaced by the 727’s. That, and I never saw a pair in the “ wild”.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Didn't the Orange 555 bindings have a heaver spring than the Gold 555 bindings?
I believe they do as they were made at the end of the run before they were replaced by the 727’s. That, and I never saw a pair in the “ wild”.

I am not sure about that. The heavier spring in the 555 was the Black spring with the black indicator in the window (I had a couple of pairs that came via GB team athletes). The orange ones above have the red indicator. But just my thoughts, i have never actually seen an orange pair!!

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am not sure about that. The heavier spring in the 555 was the Black spring with the black indicator in the window (I had a couple of pairs that came via GB team athletes). The orange ones above have the red indicator. But just my thoughts, i have never actually seen an orange pair!!
You may be right. its also possible the Orange were team issue versions given their scarcity. It’s been...45 years ( yikes) since I had gold ones .

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You may be right. its also possible the Orange were team issue versions given their scarcity. It’s been...45 years ( yikes) since I had gold ones .

very possible Dan, I have never seen one

Here’s the gold equipe with a red indicator. I suspect the color wasn’t indicative of a hard fast rule, but may have changed based on year or availability or even market destination. The reason may be lost to time at this point.

Yup I had a pair of them as well. The team issue ones were all the black indicator. On the 727s the team issue ones were a green indicator

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My memory is questionable but didn't the French team use a Royal blue and Orange color scheme back when the 555 was the top binding in the Salomon line? Maybe the team issue version is correct, after all they are a French company aren't they.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My memory is questionable but didn't the French team use a Royal blue and Orange color scheme back when the 555 was the top binding in the Salomon line? Maybe the team issue version is correct, after all they are a French company aren't they.
Indeed they are French. I mounted a few of these myself but many more 727’s. If I recall, the jig was identical for 222’s, 444’s and 555’s. 505’s had the same pattern as well I believe. I liked the 555’s -relatively light , reliable and tough as nails. Any Solomon reps from the 70’s out there?

Uncle-A

Skier
Indeed they are French. I mounted a few of these myself but many more 727’s. If I recall, the jig was identical for 222’s, 444’s and 555’s. 505’s had the same pattern as well I believe. I liked the 555’s -relatively light , reliable and tough as nails. Any Solomon reps from the 70’s out there?
I think you mean the 202 not the 222. Because the 222 was mostly plastic and used a 4 screw configuration. Not sure if the triangle pattern for the 444 and 555 was the same, I thought the 555 had a larger triangle that the 444. But it has been 45 - 50 years.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think you mean the 202 not the 222. Because the 222 was mostly plastic and used a 4 screw configuration. Not sure if the triangle pattern for the 444 and 555 was the same, I thought the 555 had a larger triangle that the 444. But it has been 45 - 50 years.
Yes, the 202... guess I was thinking of that Peggy Lipton show :) ( look it up ,kids) another reminder that time waits for no man . If you get the Peggy Lipton refrence you this already. :)

Uncle-A

Skier
I found a picture of the 222 on the web.
Salomon 222 - Pugliese Collection - pugski.jpeg

Uncle-A

Skier
Yes, the 202... guess I was thinking of that Peggy Lipton show :) ( look it up ,kids) another reminder that time waits for no man . If you get the Peggy Lipton refrence you this already. :)
Mod Squad? I don't think she was in the cast of Room 222.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Mod Squad? I don't think she was in the cast of Room 222.
You are correct sir! It was indeed the Mod Squad... I was a wee lad in short pants . Still, you got the reference as wrong as it may have been ,:)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I got a special birthday present from @Philpug
Now I know he really loves me!
New Old Stock with tags!
I'm soooo going to be rocking these on retro day!
4F97C5AE-71D8-4EAE-A545-DBDD5B35A904.JPG

I know I used a lot of !! in this post but you gotta admit, this is pretty exciting.

Uncle-A

Skier
Nice!
Can double for a Storm Trooper Halloween.
That is reserved for the white Hanson Citation. See the Hanson thread for a picture of those. Post number 44 the first boot on the left.

Sponsor

Staff online