• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Salomon SKIING Oct 1981 Pugski.jpg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Sept 1984 Pugski.jpg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Nov 1991 - Salomon - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

Reactions: mdf

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Jan 1992 - Salomon - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Oct 1992 Salomon Pugski.jpg

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Do you remember what trail you were on when the photo was taken or maybe East side or West side of Hunter?
To me - based on the light and the background, it looks like the main face of Hunter, maybe coming off Cliff

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you remember what trail you were on when the photo was taken or maybe East side or West side of Hunter?
Probably at the top of Upper Crossover, right below Hellcat, thats where I remember them setting up.

sc00049bfb.jpg

From my first trip west in 93 with Joe "The Captain", who has passed since.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Probably at the top of Upper Crossover, right below Hellcat, thats where I remember them setting up.

Ok, I would have guessed The Cliff also like X10003q did and that ends at the bottom Hellgate so we were all in about the same location. It is a great photo and despite what people say Hunter is a great local area with my hat off to the family that ran it for so many years.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Salomon Petersen 1.jpg

Salomon Petersen 2.jpg

Salomon Petersen 3.jpg

Salomon Petersen 4.jpg

Salomon Petersen 5.jpg

Salomon Petersen 6.jpg

Salomon Petersen 7.jpg

Some Salomon from my collection.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier

Ok, I would have guessed The Cliff also like X10003q did and that ends at the bottom Hellgate so we were all in about the same location. It is a great photo and despite what people say Hunter is a great local area with my hat off to the family that ran it for so many years.

Upper Crossover was my second guess. Hunter is always a good day trip for me.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've got a pair of Lab GS that used to belong to @ScotsSkier still mounted up, waxed, and ready to rock...No pun intended, bases are immaculate!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
They [SX90Equipe] were introduced in fall, 1980, but I do not think you could buy them until a year of 2 later.

I bought a pair of regular gray SX90 and my friend bought the SX90E at the Basin Ski Shop in Killington. I think it was 1982, and I got the impression that it was the first year they had them in the store. The SX90E was a lot more orange than it looks in that picture. It also had a vertical metal strip riveted to the outside of the boot on the side that doesn't show in the picture.

A year or two later, on my first trip to Snowbird the internal cable broke on one of my boots while skiing the STH trail. That evening I bought the SX91E for full retail at the Snowbird base. The SX91E was truly red.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Took this photo right after purchasing (before I skied them).

Salomon - Petersen Collection - Pugski.jpg

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They were introduced in fall, 1980, but I do not think you could buy them until a year of 2 later.

I bought a pair in Avoriaz France in January 1981. Essential purchase if I wanted to ski the second week of my vacation as i had destroyed both my big toenails in a pair of Dynafit WC boots in the first week. I was at the stage where i could hardly walk, let alone ski, and the 90EQ gave me enough toe room to clear. Crappy boot otherwise though, think they only got used for another week in Verbier the following year when i was recovering from a broken ankle. moved to Koflach 511 foam the following year