• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All Things Tua

Tua Skis

SKIING Sept 1985 - TUA - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

cloudymind

Booting up
Skier
finding infos on line about older skis is quite hard.
many years ago my father gave me his TUA 7 skis to learn "classic technique". more modern skis were already around so i only used a few times and then rented modern stuff.
they are 195 cm TUA 7 GS from what i read on them, back in late 80s-early 90s they were considered modern because are a bit shorter than the standard, radius should be like 30m instead of the 50 of other models.
they are relatively light skis and i enjoyed enough to have the bindings changed. but years passed so planning o change bindings again, maybe take the ones that are on the rossignols.
sorry for picture, i'll take better one

Attachments

• PA056286.JPG
    PA056286.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 28

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a couple of my TUA skis. Early 90's Transalps mounted with Rainy Super Loops, and mid-late 90's TUA Razors-early "shaped" skis-bindings removed, forgot what I had on them, probably more Super Loops. I used to ski these with Alico double leather 75mm boots. Skied backcountry in NE and all over Alta, Sunday River, and Killington with these. Ahh, the good ol days.

1667515417078.jpeg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ahh, the good ol days.

Nomenclature point of order: the good ol days were me envying my sister's Vittor Tuas in '77, with the double fiberglass and the metal sheet and the bright traffic- yellow topsheet - that squeaked pliantly through the crud that my Elan MD 05s were bouncing all over.

;)

Last edited:

cloudymind

Booting up
Skier
i found other pictures
my impression is that their alpine models didn't sell very well. they were more focused on freeride and with telemark bindings.
recently the brand was revived, no idea who actually builds them.

Attachments

• tua1.JPG
    tua1.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 14
  • tua2.JPG
    tua2.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 12
  • tua3.JPG
    tua3.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 16

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1667997309891.png

"It’s hard to imagine, but in 1990, when Tua released the Excalibur at 72 millimeters underfoot, the addition of 8 millimeters of width made such a difference. The shovel on that thing was 90 millimeters.”

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
i found other pictures
my impression is that their alpine models didn't sell very well. they were more focused on freeride and with telemark bindings.

Light and damp cores - it's what sold. They had a fair presence, especially with GLM /learner alpine models in the Euro market.

melfen

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
finding infos on line about older skis is quite hard.
many years ago my father gave me his TUA 7 skis to learn "classic technique". more modern skis were already around so i only used a few times and then rented modern stuff.
they are 195 cm TUA 7 GS from what i read on them, back in late 80s-early 90s they were considered modern because are a bit shorter than the standard, radius should be like 30m instead of the 50 of other models.
they are relatively light skis and i enjoyed enough to have the bindings changed. but years passed so planning o change bindings again, maybe take the ones that are on the rossignols.
sorry for picture, i'll take better one
Happy New Years Day! I am looking for some skins for my Tua Wilderness skis. Wondering if you have any suggestions?
Back in the late 80s'/early 90s' we called these our "magic skis" because they "turned by themselves"! I would like to give them a try again. Let me know if you have any ideas!

cloudymind

Booting up
Skier
Happy New Years Day! I am looking for some skins for my Tua Wilderness skis. Wondering if you have any suggestions?
Back in the late 80s'/early 90s' we called these our "magic skis" because they "turned by themselves"! I would like to give them a try again. Let me know if you have any ideas!
sorry, no idea at all. shops here often don't even like to sell/work older stuff

Sponsor