• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Tyrolia 390 VIP on 200 Mizuno SL din 6-12. All things Mizuno?
View attachment 111851 View attachment 111852

I had no idea Mizuno had skis... back then or ever. That blows my mind. I've seen Richie Berger skiing in Mizuno Winter gear, but that's not a huge stretch since Mizuno is a sportswear manufacturer. I've been a Mizuno fan in the golf realm for a long time and it's cool to see them on skis. Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Putting on skis
Skier
Take a thin blade maybe a putty knife and slide it under from the back of the AFD towards the toe in the center of the AFD. Next push the AFD back away from the toe. If you are able to move both the pad and the putty knife back at the same time it may be easier. Sorry I don't have any photos to add.
Thanks! Very clear now. Will try tomorrow!

Royal

UTAH
Skier
Tyrolia 490RD PRO demo
Got these on some LOOK 391. They cleaned up nice and tested right on with my Vermont Saftey device.

I like that they are easy to adjust and the toe and heel track mounting holes use the same bolt pattern as the regular bindings.
20220128_155254.jpg

20220128_155259.jpg

20220128_155242.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

Rach

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I have had these skis hanging on my walls for years because i thought they looked really cool and I have always been very curious about the binding. They are a Calgary 88 but look different than other ones I’ve seen posted here. I’m wondering if any might know why? I did get these for free and they are in rough shape I certainly wouldn’t ski them.

Attachments

• IMG_8810.jpeg
    IMG_8810.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8811.jpeg
    IMG_8811.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 7

Uncle-A

Skier
I have had these skis hanging on my walls for years because i thought they looked really cool and I have always been very curious about the binding. They are a Calgary 88 but look different than other ones I’ve seen posted here. I’m wondering if any might know why? I did get these for free and they are in rough shape I certainly wouldn’t ski them.
They are definitely different than mine.
ANNIVERSARY-TOY - WIN_20160506_092158~2.JPG

The toe looks the same but the heel has a lot more text on it. I did get these new from Tyrolia when I was working in a ski shop. But didn't mount them until I got the VR27's when working in a different shop.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
What is the DIN setting range on yours, I think mine go from 6 - 12 but there are 2 lines below the 6 setting.

Rach

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
What is the DIN setting range on yours, I think mine go from 6 - 12 but there are 2 lines below the 6 setting.
Looks like these have one line below 6 and go to 12. I’m just speculating that maybe these were a demo model since they have the Calgary Olympic logo

Uncle-A

Skier
Looks like these have one line below 6 and go to 12. I’m just speculating that maybe these were a demo model since they have the Calgary Olympic logo
I don't think they are demo's. Maybe they were part of a display in some Tyrolia tent or advertising table at the Calgary Olympics.

Uncle-A

Skier
I have a small collection of ski related baseball caps and this one I have had since the early 1980's
PXL_20240208_162425298.jpg

I don't know why I haven't posted it before.

Sponsor

Staff online