• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
This could belong in the Volkl thread also with the prominent Volkl zebra strip bottom on the ski.

Fashion style: I believes leaning more towards Euro Chic rather than Euro Trash. :D

View attachment 11998
Great pic!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Speaking of Mother Karen's...Here is @SkiNurse from A-Basin 2011:

IMG_7787.JPG

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Trissi Sport made in Italy, I am guessing very early 70s maybe late 60s. I wear it sparingly it is in such nice shape.

DSC03918.JPG

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
OK - this ad is weird and a bit kinky...

SKIING Nov 1966 Roffe, Demetre.jpg

SKIING Nov 1966

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
1970s blue and yellow sweaters with "The Ski" rectangles on the arms and the sides of the torso are my favorite. Like Bobbie is wearing in the photo except with the sweater's main color separating the rectangles.

1e48693ef034c91ec91a715fc6dfc6e4.jpg

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider
I have tons of old gear lying around, but I can start with this. My old Bell DH helmet that in 1984 when I was at Pepi Sports none other then Jean Claude Killy asked me to borrow it for the Legends Race. He slapped on the Rolex sticker. Need to put it on every Fall before the season to get the Killy Karma going for the new season. The hats are from the old local Vail company Ewe First who was Cindy Stone of the Buck Hill Stones and UNM Ski team. She was 5' tall and was the fastest girls racer in town.

Attachments

• IMG_9906.JPG
    IMG_9906.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I remember Cindy Stone, but saw Chuck pretty much every day. Cindy was usually away at some academy or bigger training venue, but she did occasionally ski with Erich on Ballroom from time to time. I actually think I have a photo of her circa 81 or 82 somewhere in the boxes of old photos, several from my Buck Hill days.
WP_20161004_003.jpg

Last edited:

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider
First day ever in Vail on top of old Chair 14 by Far East Shelter above what's now China Bowl. Wearing my brand new Spyder sweater which I got from Jeff Temple after a day of training at Eldora. Followed him down Boulder Canyon at night to Dave Jacobs house. There he woke him up and got my sweater from the Spyder warehouse which if I recall was a closet under the stairs. I long ago lost the sweater but still have my red CB Super Pants. Who can Guess the boots and poles? Skis were Head Narrow Edge SL's with Salomon 727's which I also got in Boulder at the Head factory.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My guess on the poles would be rebadged Kerma.. not sure which variation though..

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
First day ever in Vail on top of old Chair 14 by Far East Shelter above what's now China Bowl. Wearing my brand new Spyder sweater which I got from Jeff Temple after a day of training at Eldora. Followed him down Boulder Canyon at night to Dave Jacobs house. There he woke him up and got my sweater from the Spyder warehouse which if I recall was a closet under the stairs. I long ago lost the sweater but still have my red CB Super Pants. Who can Guess the boots and poles? Skis were Head Narrow Edge SL's with Salomon 727's which I also got in Boulder at the Head factory.

Boots - Garmont Gara? I have no idea on the poles.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Dec 1967 - Hauser Sport.jpg

SKIING Dec 1967

SKIING Dec 1968 - Roffe, Hart.jpg

SKIING Dec 1968

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Admin