• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AllezOPI-OMI - TDF 2021

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As most I they can make it very difficult (and costly in expenses) for her and use her as an example for other stupid people.
I think that’s exactly right - the suit and charges and the resultant publicity send a very strong message to stay the hell of the course.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
From CNN this morning

Attachments

• 798658D5-B8BB-4854-9152-E0FD7C946D12.png
    798658D5-B8BB-4854-9152-E0FD7C946D12.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 13

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
I don't think that's going to happen. Regardless how stupid and idiotic (at least for me) that is, cycling without fans 10cm from racers is not cycling. But if someone asks me, they should really do something about this. Having 1000s of people (doesn't even matter if it's corona times), standing on road, making 1m wide path (in best case) for cyclists to climb to steep uphills should really end. I don't see point in that, and people should have some respect, not yet in racers ears, touching them, or even smashing them off the bike. And if people can't understand this, then get enough police there to have this done. But I guess it's in noone's interest to get rid of it, as even I admit, it makes some great photos and videos.

James

Out There
Instructor
^ Exactly. The Tour has no leg to stand on in court, I would think. But who knows.
I think a decent lawyer could get this greatly reduced to a minor traffic fine. A squirrel can cause the same damage. Hell, you could maybe argue she received insufficient warning by the organizers, and she’s a victim also.

As to riders suing this person, give me a break. Sue the Tour perhaps, but you’ve got decades of this going on.

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't think anywhere in EU private person can be charged with 35k eur penalty (except for few countries, where penalty amount depends on your income, and you can actually pay 10.000eur for driving 5km too fast). So more likely it will be 200 or 300eur penalty and that's it.
The best example I'm aware of in the EU where the penalty amount is determined by one's income is Finland, where there have been cases in which the fine for speeding (well above 5 km per hour above the speed limit) has been in excess of 10,000EUR by a substantial amount.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Daniel Finland was exactly country I had in mind, and honestly it's only country I know of in EU, that has this sort of system (which i actually pretty fair thing). I think their record is over 100.000eur for something like 40 or 50km/h over speed limit. My wife is Finn and she was telling me about this at time it happened.
As for this women goes, if info in our media is correct, there won't be any charges from side of organizer. Which I honestly think, they have no base for it anyway. So most probably, she will get penalty for being more then 1m on road as pedestrian or reckless road crossing (which is mostly likely only charge they can charge her with), she will need to pay 20 or 30eur for that "offense" and that will be it.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The ins and outs of Poels and Wouts. These Belgian names give me fits. Do I have this right? We have:

• Wout Poels
  • Wout van Aert
  • Mathieu van der Poel
  • Remco Evenpoel

Yes? Am I missing one?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

James

Out There
Instructor
They’re going into Tignes where I have skied many years ago. Nbc rarely shows what the big picture looks like. There’s quite a big dam on the way up there, maybe I missed it, but I haven’t seen it.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
They’re going into Tignes where I have skied many years ago. Nbc rarely shows what the big picture looks like. There’s quite a big dam on the way up there, maybe I missed it, but I haven’t seen it.

GCN+ totally showed it :P

Sponsor

Staff online