• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

American Downhiller

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just got an email about this. Very cool.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I thought they did a nice job for a 1 hour video. Both Rahlves & Miller were so close to winning the DH cup, truly a bummer it didn’t happen. The fact that Miller never won the Hahnenkam is heartbreaking, he was close a few times...

I would’ve been happy to watch for 3 hours because I know there is so much more to the story.
Fun to see & hear from a couple of old coach acquaintances.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Right, a two hour movie about each of them would be cool too. I'd like to have this one on Bluray or DVD.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Just watched it with a scotch - and my hat. Nice piece. Most content is in the other, shorter versions but there are some new interviews - especially AJ Kitt (raced against him in WNY growing up). Overall, worth watching.
DF128375-A4DD-483A-917E-1C71C2D95283.jpeg

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
especially AJ Kitt (raced against him in WNY growing up). Overall, worth watching.
Cool :ogcool: .

Got to ski with Kitt a few days the years I participated in NASTAR Pacesetter trials. He seems like a really genuine guy, raising triplets at the time.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I counter with this old clip which many have already seen, perhaps. If not it’s sprinter Michael Johnson trying to portray downhill racing and downhillers.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, it's only about the men's from the early days on.... and I thought it was really good.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Watched it all and enjoyed every moment. Hoping to go to Europe for Masters racing to get the europe feeling of monster courses.

James

Out There
Instructor
^ Deb lays it out. Yeah, huge problem there’s no women in it. Terrible job on that. Deb leaves out Picabo’s 1998 gold in super-g in the Nagano Olympics.

That was pretty good. Up a notch or two for Jalbert Productions.
Never knew how AJ was robbed of his wins. Terrible.
Not much beats Chad Fleischer talking about how he had Kitzbuhel won until that last jump where he found out why no one prejumps it. Or Bode talking about the Lauberhorn and being close to blacking out by those last two turns. That stuff is in Thin Red Line I think.

Would’ve been nice to hear some perspective from Lindsey. Especially as she speaks German and likely had a different relationship to Europe. Mikaela too, who came to downhill “late”. Mancuso? Big missed opportunity.

Chasing the green digits.

Last edited:

tube77

Getting on the lift
Skier
^ Deb lays it out. Yeah, huge problem there’s no women in it. Terrible job on that. Deb leaves out Picabo’s 1998 gold in super-g in the Nagano Olympics.

That was pretty good. Up a notch or two for Jalbert Productions.
Never knew how AJ was robbed of his wins. Terrible.
Not much beats Chad Fleischer talking about how he had Kitzbuhel won until that last jump where he found out why no one prejumps it. Or Bode talking about the Lauberhorn and being close to blacking out by those last two turns. That stuff is in Thin Red Line I think.

Would’ve been nice to hear some perspective from Lindsey. Especially as she speaks German and likely had a different relationship to Europe. Mikaela too, who came to downhill “late”.

Chasing the green digits.

Lindsey just commented on the video that there will be another video representing women athletes.
Also there are very nice conversations between Lindsey and Deb on Deb's video.

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The US of A is like Sweden. Our women are better then our men.

Sponsor

Staff online