• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier

Out with the bad and in with the good.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like the Ski Academy is not going to happen now. While this looks like a set back I'm hoping they continue on with the other resort improvements talked about. I would imagine they would cancel the proposed surface lift on West Mountain that was going to be used for training purposes. Hope they still develop the back country area between the current trail pods and the rumored (haven't seen in writing but from a good source) spa. Just a thought, the site where they were to build the school is on a great open slope that I think would make a great terrain park, which is something I think Granby could use. IMG_2484.JPG

The slope above the lodge there

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
When the season passes went back on sale in mid-September, the regular senior pass was no longer offered, only an adult pass for ages 18-79. I opted for the Monarch Super Senior pass for $25 (starts at age 69). The decision was driven mainly by the fact that the 140 miles from my house to Monarch takes the same amount of time as the 82 miles from my house to Granby Ranch, thanks to increasing I-70 traffic. I'm wondering how many other seniors will opt to go elsewhere this winter where senior passes are still available. I encountered many of them at Granby Ranch during the years I was skiing there.

Sponsor

Staff online