• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another road rage with cyclists incident

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
As a recovering person myself, I'd place the blame for that 100% on the driver. She knew it could happen, and no one forced her to roll the dice - she had other options.

Assuming she's not making it up.
Agreed. We can't control the availability of drugs and alcohol around us. But we can control what we decide to partake in.. Poor decisions made after partaking might be out of the altered person's control.. but the decision to take that first drink/hit knowing what the results usually are after that is totally within the person's control.

It's always really simple.. but it isn't always easy...

If I were on a jury for one of these incidents and the person had a history of substance abuse I'd say it's on them for knowing that they lose control when they party so THEIR decision to party knowing bad things happen equates to culpability for those bad things done under the influence..

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I don't buy the perps story one bit. He/she passed a rider, accelerates and swerves onto the shoulder into the riders by accident? Sounds like road rage to me. Being a long-time roadie, I've witnessed many instances of frustrated drivers getting aggressive towards cyclists.

Then, after he/she runs down the cyclist, he/she pulls off into the nearby restaurant parking lot and turns and reverses trying to get the bicycle unlodged from under their car while in a seizure? Seems they knew exactly what he/she/they/them were doing and was intent on making an escape for what they knew to be an obvious crime.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I don't buy the perps story one bit. He/she passed a rider, accelerates and swerves onto the shoulder into the riders by accident? Sounds like road rage to me. Being a long-time roadie, I've witnessed many instances of frustrated drivers getting aggressive towards cyclists.

Then, after he/she runs down the cyclist, he/she pulls off into the nearby restaurant parking lot and turns and reverses trying to get the bicycle unlodged from under their car while in a seizure? Seems they knew exactly what he/she/they/them were doing and was intent on making an escape for what they knew to be an obvious crime.
100%.

Sponsor

Staff online