• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another snowboarder vs skier fight

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

If you slow down the video you can hear the short snowboarder say "you turned right in front of me" before the tall snowboarder throws the skier headfirst into the ground.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skier: I'm sorry, I forgot to put the eyes in the back of my head this morning........

I can only see forward.........

But at least I can see right AND left!

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kids being kids, a dame to impress probably didn’t help. I remember when I had hormones raging...that was a long time ago.

Average Joe

Out on the slopes
Skier

If you slow down the video you can hear the short snowboarder say "you turned right in front of me" before the tall snowboarder throws the skier headfirst into the ground.

Of course, we all know that skiers must always yield to snowboarders at all times:).

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Tae kwon do and Jiu-jitsu are great exercise. They teach you NOT to fight unless necessary, like to defend someone being bullied or assaulted. Just jump in if words fail and end it before anyone hurts someone. "Tough guys" and big mouths are cowards.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Tae kwon do and Jiu-jitsu are great exercise. They teach you NOT to fight unless necessary, like to defend someone being bullied or assaulted. Just jump in if words fail and end it before anyone hurts someone. "Tough guys" and big mouths are cowards.
LOL, I used to have a savior complex, but I eventually realized it wasn't my job to save the whole world. Now, it's "Not my circus; not my monkeys", unless something really outrageous is going down. Still, when I see someone bullying someone else, and that someone appears to have enjoyed the benefit of being bigger and stronger and pushing folk around for many years, it get's my goat. These days, I only hope they will pick on me. If I'm fortunate I'll outgrow that too, before I lose all my ability to defend myself.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
And VVS thrown into the crime mix. Some NY attitude being thrown into the mix given the Nets jersey tall guy is wearing?

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Couple of things, the guy slammed looks 60+ old, examples why for the looser bindings, lucky for him actually.

If that was in Canada, Assault would be one charge and the other would be Intentional or Unintentional harm of a Senior, which is a Federal Charge.

Personally I glad the skier didn’t react as the boarder could be impaled and serious injured with a broken pole.

I would be filing charges, ski patrol or not.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
LOL, I used to have a savior complex, but I eventually realized it wasn't my job to save the whole world. Now, it's "Not my circus; not my monkeys", unless something really outrageous is going down. Still, when I see someone bullying someone else, and that someone appears to have enjoyed the benefit of being bigger and stronger and pushing folk around for many years, it get's my goat. These days, I only hope they will pick on me. If I'm fortunate I'll outgrow that too, before I lose all my ability to defend myself.
You and me both, brother.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Ridiculous- I've been hearing more about rage in lift lines at Gore. The anti maskers beating up maskers that ask them to mask up and not be the reason to end our season- people going fist to cuff and out right fights over who had the ROW on the trail or in line! CRAZY!

The sad thing is (like in this video) NOT ONE STAFF Person from the Mt comes to stop or help the situation (s). Perhaps If Staff would Take away tickets and boot them off the mountain others will think twice- I know, Sadly bullies rarely think, they just react.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Couple of things, the guy slammed looks 60+ old, examples why for the looser bindings, lucky for him actually.

Well if we're speculating as to facts maybe the guy did come from behind and cut right in front of the boarder. It's not unknown, happened to me when I was a relatively new boarder, skier carrying a bit more speed as you slow up towards a lift maze sneaks by your blindside and cuts you off. As I got more experienced I learnt it was going to happen anyway and just be chill.

I'm not saying that's what went down but realistically all you can tell from this sort of video is one or both parties are angry about something. And this thread alone provides examples of some of the "get off my lawn" biases that older skiers have about snowboarders.

The throwdown is bizzare and probably is assault. What's not clear is what causes dude 3 to rush in first for a bit of a bump before tall guy throws him on the ground. Something the vic said triggered them?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online