• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Any Ikon timing, pricing rumors for 2021/2022?

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thinking about going with local ski area pass for 2021/2022 as would be good for rest of this season. Had Ikon and another local hill (Magic Mt.) this season and we really missed the other independent resort (Bromley). Way too early to be thinking about this but curious if there are any rumors on ikon plans for next season.

We always get Magic pass regardless as it is such a good deal for local kids/parents but need something else for early/late season and midweek. Everything is just easier at the non-mega resorts for our big family and really hard to pass up the mid-tier places that are minutes from our house. Trip to Utah/Wyoming is biggest question mark at this point as really cost prohibitive for our big crew without Ikon.

Thanks.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If Ikon isnt your primary pass, and this is for single trip, potentially MtnCollective may make more sense? Just throwing it out there... I suppose just keep any eye out in the next couple weeks. Usually the next season info will drop sometime mid-late march.

Especially this year, it seemed like some Partner resorts were prioritizing guests and "reservations" in the following way, and ikon passholders couldn't get on the mountain not due to c19 capacity but due to profits and need to pay more..
SeasonPass > MtnCollective > Window Tickets > IkonPass

Last edited:

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone have an idea about when the 21/22 Ikon pass will go on sale? Last year it was first week of March (5th I think?). This year though the deferral period runs to early April, so maybe that will cause Ikon to do things differently?

TS
T

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
If Ikon isnt your primary pass, and this is for single trip, potentially MtnCollective may make more sense? Just throwing it out there... I suppose just keep any eye out in the next couple weeks. Usually the next season info will drop sometime mid-late march.

Especially this year, it seemed like some Partner resorts were prioritizing guests and "reservations" in the following way, and ikon passholders couldn't get on the mountain not due to c19 capacity but due to profits and need to pay more..
SeasonPass > MtnCollective > Window Tickets > IkonPass
Thanks as I forgot about Mountain Collective. Alta, Snowbird, and J-Hole are potential trip destinations and Sugarbush is relatively close to us.

We did make Ikon our primary pass this year as Stratton is 3rd of our local resorts. Unfortunately, kids love it due to Parks but it is possibly my least favorite place in VT! We’re getting tons of days in this season so the “value” is there even without making big trip but not sure if I want to do it two years in a row.

TS
T

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anyone have an idea about when the 21/22 Ikon pass will go on sale? Last year it was first week of March (5th I think?). This year though the deferral period runs to early April, so maybe that will cause Ikon to do things differently?
We bought our Ikon passes last March when they announced new pricing and that pass would be good for rest of that season. Unfortunately, everything got shut down one week later so never got those spring days in that we had planned for. March 8 was the one “free day” we did get in so stuff could be announced within next week if they follow last year‘s schedule. I’m guessing it will be later this year so they can make big push when people are feeling better about state of state.....

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks as I forgot about Mountain Collective. Alta, Snowbird, and J-Hole are potential trip destinations and Sugarbush is relatively close to us.

We did make Ikon our primary pass this year as Stratton is 3rd of our local resorts. Unfortunately, kids love it due to Parks but it is possibly my least favorite place in VT! We’re getting tons of days in this season so the “value” is there even without making big trip but not sure if I want to do it two years in a row.

You just need to put your foot down and say we are going to Sugarbush or Killington today.

TS
T

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
You just need to put your foot down and say we are going to Sugarbush or Killington today.
Thankfully when conditions are good everyone is in agreement with going to Magic. They’re open Thursday through Sunday and have some rowdy terrain by New England standards. Kids love hucking themselves off the rocks/small cliffs and slow double chair gives us a chance to get caught up on weekly happenings. And it being my ”happy place” doesn’t hurt.

We save Killington days for early and late season and I can only blame myself for not getting to the Bush more often. Kids and I love that place but I get lazy with the two hour drive?!?

Last edited:

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
We bought our Ikon passes last March when they announced new pricing and that pass would be good for rest of that season. Unfortunately, everything got shut down one week later so never got those spring days in that we had planned for. March 8 was the one “free day” we did get in so stuff could be announced within next week if they follow last year‘s schedule. I’m guessing it will be later this year so they can make big push when people are feeling better about state of state.....
I did call and finally deferred my ICON. they believe some time mid March new ICON info/renewal will come out. They couldn't guarantee me that I can use the New pass for the rest of 2021. I'm hoping so because I've already booked 2 Spring Mammoth trips

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I did call and finally deferred my ICON. they believe some time mid March new ICON info/renewal will come out. They couldn't guarantee me that I can use the New pass for the rest of 2021. I'm hoping so because I've already booked 2 Spring Mammoth trips

I did same thing but I am hoping for June at Mammoth- using the 2021-22 pass- Fingers crossed.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thankfully when conditions are good everyone is in agreement with going to Magic. They’re open Thursday through Sunday and have some rowdy terrain by New England standards. Kids love hucking themselves off the rocks/small cliffs and slow double chair gives us a chance to get caught up on weekly happenings. And it being my ”happy place” doesn’t hurt.

We save Killington days for early and late season and I can only blame myself for not getting to the Bush more often. Kids and I love that place but I get lazy with the two hour drive?!?

Thats a pain when you can ski good stuff close to home and sleep in your own bed.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Moving from industry news to general skiing.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Pulled the trigger and deferred my Ikon to next season. So I'm kind of locked into that no matter what happens. I'll bet lots of folks are in the same situation.

Errand Wolfe

Ski like Stein
Skier
Since I didn't buy a WP pass this year this is the one and only time I'd consider an IKON pass if spring skiing were included.

I hope details are released soon.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I have also deferred my pass. If by some miracle they permit use of the new pass for the end of this season, that would go a long way to re-establishing some trust with the way they've handled this season.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Since I didn't buy a WP pass this year this is the one and only time I'd consider an IKON pass if spring skiing were included.

I hope details are released soon.
Me too.
I would buy one, if spring skiing were included.