• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Any Lexus GX 460 owners?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I am seriously considering buying a GX, Lexus is offering a 4K rebate and 0% financing. I understand its a dinosaur as far as the interior goes but it seems to be what Im looking for

Dependable, room for stuff, durable for light off road, good in snow.

I would buy the Premium package level. I dont see any real advantage in other packages.

thoughts?

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
I am seriously considering buying a GX, Lexus is offering a 4K rebate and 0% financing. I understand its a dinosaur as far as the interior goes but it seems to be what Im looking for

Dependable, room for stuff, durable for light off road, good in snow.

I would buy the Premium package level. I dont see any real advantage in other packages.

thoughts?
I look at two things:
Engine is the 1URFE, which is older the port-injected version! +++
Transmission is the trusty Aisin 6 speed! +++
I am not aware of a more reliable vehicle in the current market.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If I was looking at any SUV that is not a full sized Suburban/Yukon XL or Exhibition Max, I don't think there is a better option than one of these.

WARNING: This is a fairly tall vehicle. I don't remember how tall your garage doors are but...double check height if you are to add a box and IF it will fit in your garage.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Only thing turning me off for recent Lexus models is the infotainment interface. Consumer reports says the GX doesn't have the latest infotainment, so looks like you are good there.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Given it's a Land Cruiser Prado / 4Runner in nice clothes, I bet @nay might have an opinion.

The platform has been in production for a decade, so it’s about as “known” as you get. I love the small V8 on the 4Runner platform (I have a 2004 with with 2UZ 4.7L), it’s the best drivetrain to body size configuration in the portfolio.

The rest is dressing. I got nothing to offer there as I just picked up this ‘01 for my youngest son and it has different aspirations:P

7C8CB007-B12F-495E-9F86-0D075A9AD007.jpeg

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I am going through Costco, however the dealer offered me the vehicle at full list minus a $2K rebate; I called Costco this AM to report them, and find out exactly what they should be providing. (a Costco pricing sheet and the vehicle invoice ). I am leaning towards a RX350 now though. My neighbor has a recent one and loves it. does fantastic in the snow, incredible ride and plenty big enough for skis and even 2 bikes in the back. I drive it yesterday up rabbit ears pass and it was great; plenty of power. What was most impressive besides ride quality was the drivers view, with the sloped hood, and windows between the side mirrors and pillars, the visibility was great. it has a 8.1" clearance as well. they drive it to the same trail heads and its more than fine on most forest roads that are in decent shape. We have a trail rated Jeep for anything that requires that kind of use. We really need a comfortable, dependable vehicle for long trips and the RX fits that need. Not the best on gas but decent and has all the features you could want

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Which Jeep are you replacing, yours or Kerry's? If you are considering the RX now, don't dismiss the new Highlander, I believe it has more space and is on the same platform. The new Kia and Hyundai are also getting a ton of love too. So many good options, enough to make a decisive buyer crazy. :roflmao:

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
mine. I will look at the highlander. I hate buying vehicles. the buying process with both Jeeps (same dealer) was simple and fast. zero BS and no issues all with a fair price (Verizon buying program). Back in NJ we had a great BMW dealership, pleasant, fair prices and honest dealing. This has been slimy and typical. I honestly didnt expect this from Lexus.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
mine. I will look at the highlander. I hate buying vehicles. the buying process with both Jeeps (same dealer) was simple and fast. zero BS and no issues all with a fair price (Verizon buying program). Back in NJ we had a great BMW dealership, pleasant, fair prices and honest dealing. This has been slimy and typical. I honestly didnt expect this from Lexus.
You think Lexus is bad? Infiniti is worse. The shine of Lexus is tarnished and they are now not much different than any other car dealership.

Reactions: Ron

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The chassis is super popular here, we only get the underpowerd diesels, but again, very popular.

I had mine a wopping 2 months before someone stole it. Apparantly super popular in parts of estern europe, they cleaned all the streets/garages of all thoose cars in my neighbourhood!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I am going through Costco, however the dealer offered me the vehicle at full list minus a $2K rebate; I called Costco this AM to report them, and find out exactly what they should be providing. (a Costco pricing sheet and the vehicle invoice ). I am leaning towards a RX350 now though. My neighbor has a recent one and loves it. does fantastic in the snow, incredible ride and plenty big enough for skis and even 2 bikes in the back. I drive it yesterday up rabbit ears pass and it was great; plenty of power. What was most impressive besides ride quality was the drivers view, with the sloped hood, and windows between the side mirrors and pillars, the visibility was great. it has a 8.1" clearance as well. they drive it to the same trail heads and its more than fine on most forest roads that are in decent shape. We have a trail rated Jeep for anything that requires that kind of use. We really need a comfortable, dependable vehicle for long trips and the RX fits that need. Not the best on gas but decent and has all the features you could want
One of the guys I ski with has the 2019 RX 350 and I have been a passenger several times. Great ski vehicle especially for the ride home if you are a little beat up after a hard day on the mountain. The rear bucket seats allow you to put your skis in the vehicle and still have 4 passengers. We put an old blanket in between the rear seats and wrap the skis to keep the vehicle clean and dry, it works great. It would be a good choice if you want a Lexus.

Reactions: Ron

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
If you liked the buying process for the Jeep. Why wouldn't you go back to Jeep, I bet you can get a similar deal as the one you used last time.