• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Any suggestions Slalom Race Ski short 115cm

beantownace

Booting up
Skier
Hello all,

My daughter is on the very short size 48 inches going to be a U12. Does anyone know of any Slalom 115cm skis by any chance? 120cm comes up to the top of her head and she is in a 115cm Fischer GS ski that is perfect size little tip of hew nose. I may move her up to a 120cm next winter for the GS ski.

Thanks for any suggestions as I know this is a tough size and maybe there are no options for that size. 110cm I think are going to be to short for her.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
For a true race ski I’m pretty sure the smallest SL ski is about 120 give or take a few CM depending on how oem measures.

Similarly the smallest GS skis is usually in the 135 range as well.

It’s been a while for me, but I also don’t remember seeing anything smaller than that in the race order sheets either.

Lots of multi event skis at the 110 and 120 but not any of the actual race skis.

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
My son is also on the very short side of the spectrum and I have not seen a true SL ski that short. You could probably find a right size multi-event ski with the right radius. It will not have the stiffness of the true SL ski, but it can work. My son was in multievent skis until U14. It didn't hold him back significantly, though he was much happier when he got on a proper SL ski. You could also try her on the shortest SL ski you can find. If it doesn't work next season it would the following season, so no lost money unless she hits a big growth spurt and jumps that size.

Skiing a bit too long ski is also not the end of the world if she has some strength and carries some speed to generate momentum into the turn. My son's current SL skis are 145 and he is 148 cm tall. They are not holding him back. We have the 140 cm SL ski he used last year, but the 145 was better for him even if it would have appeared too long based on a chart or rule of thumb.

Sponsor

Staff online