• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anybody else not done skiing yet?

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
IMG_2456.jpeg

It was nice to see Palmer Lift on Hood running today. Awesome weather and sparsely populated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I wonder if Arapahoe Basin will open up for July 4th like they did a few years ago? Or maybe they will still be open...

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was there in November '22, my first time, nice place but the glacier ice was out from the snow in places...
The snow was pretty late in coming this autumn, after a hot May had done a lot of damage, and then of course a tough summer. Not a big winter this year either ...

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Speaking of which, @Nobody , do you ever head up to Stelvio in summer? If so, I'll open a new thread.

Rarely, usually in August, September, October depending upon:
1) The Glacier is still open (which, like last summer, it wasn't)
2) The coach I train with has an opening for 2/3 days of GS training. His first camp will be this June 2-3-4 (long week end here in Italy) but I'll be by the seaside with the family enjoying a bit of snorkeling, skin diving, SUPping and sun (hopefully).
I tend to ski as long as the Tonale/Presena area keeps open (this year they closed May 1st, but because of major overhaul works on the cable cars), which is usually until June 1st, and then to move with the melting snow toward the sea.
This summer, BTW the "Stelvio beach" is due to open on June 1st. The best period to go there is, in fact, snowwise, June and July.

Then, as "my" coach moves to L2A in France for the month of July, I possibly head there for a week end as well...again, last year it closed early and my plan was somehow disrupted

Buuut, @Zirbl , last time we skied, my son asked if it would be possible for me and him to ski at the Stelvio this summer...so I think I will face less opposition from the house CFO when I'll plan to head there this summer, if doable, at least one week end (or a couple of days) each month...

Last edited:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Not done yet! Epic day with @oldfashoned yesterday @ Alpine Meadows. I love this pic, sorry for the double posting with the Tahoe thread. Here we are about to drop the Palisades at Alpine. We hit a few "things" during the day. Coverage is amazing but rocks are, understandably, starting to pop. @oldfashoned got a core shot, but it was all worth it.

:yahoo:

1685383968012.png

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Never EVER done skiing yet! There is no offseason. Lol. Great turns all through the weekend! Hoping to ski through July at a minimum.

tempImageNKJy4N.jpg

Attachments

• tempImagePO5krF.png
    tempImagePO5krF.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • tempImageEsUCqm.png
    tempImageEsUCqm.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not done (snowboarding)…heading home from a weekend getaway in Utah. Snowbird still has quite the base…

(Me for scale)

7D0752CF-D1DE-44C9-B368-18B64F3C8735.jpeg

Quite the wiggle going…

96539359-599C-43F5-924B-E4567E392CAA.jpeg

627C5EA0-9C9E-4818-BADA-806CAD61BF6E.jpeg

First time at Snowbird, obligatory Tunnel photo…

F6C6BC87-E26C-4BB4-97BC-A9EA218814D8.jpeg

Just an average ski car…
When you have a reservation and they don’t have your car available, you take whatever upgrade they give you…great fun driving this one up the canyon

D4765E0F-2302-496F-BA4A-9D384154C247.jpeg

Mammoth up next in July! (Good chance I’ll be back on two planks for that one)

Last edited:

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not done (snowboarding)…heading home from a weekend getaway in Utah. Snowbird still has quite the base…

(Me for scale)

View attachment 204710

Quite the wiggle going…

View attachment 204708

View attachment 204707

First time at Snowbird, obligatory Tunnel photo…

View attachment 204709

Just an average ski car…
When you have a reservation and they don’t have your car available, you take whatever upgrade they give you…great fun driving this one up the canyon

View attachment 204711

Mammoth up next in July! (Good chance I’ll be back on two planks for that one)
Love your ski car!! So cool.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January