• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anybody else not done skiing yet?

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just picked up my phone in the middle of tuning my edges - anybody else not done skiing yet?

I didn't have my most days season this year, but as usual it's been long. Thanksgiving until the last weekend in May. I really like lift serviced skiing 7 months out of the year, really like that in my life it's ski season more often than it's not!

So anyway I'm going to do two trips to Bend before the end of this month, ski Bachelor in the sunshine six or seven days. Probably mountain bike in town an hour or two in the afternoons.

I'm stoked! I absolutely love spring skiing. Warm weather, no crowds, hero snow conditions, joyful slashing, happy party atmosphere among the people who are there.

You? Anybody else not done yet? :)

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I plan to keep skiing for several more seasons, so I'm not done yet. Ha ha.

ski Bachelor in the sunshine six or seven days. Probably mountain bike in town an hour or two in the afternoons.

I have lived this life several times in the past. So fun. Then nachos at Crux to finish things off!

crosscountry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Technically in wishy-washy stage.

Having had to "rescue" my skis from the queue of having summer storage wax put on last weekend, I'm "on hold" till after Memorial Day just in case.

50/50 likelihood as my Memorial Day kayak trip fell through. Still, cycling plan may intercede to make the past weekend my last of the season. Either way will be good though.

I love spring (who doesn't?). Slushy bumps in sunshine vs. warm (but not hot) sunny bike ride. Camp fire before the black flies come out. Life is good.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I skied A Basin Sunday. If the weather is good I may do Killington Saturday, then I'm done for the season.

dm

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
It’s shoulder season in the Pac NW, the snow has yet to experience repeated freeze/thaw cycles. For now, I waxed my skis with a mix of yellow and red wax, refreshed my well-used skins (weekly ritual), and ski a few laps at Snoqualmie Pass.

IMG_7334.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Going today. Have company coming intown Saturday for a 10 day ski trip.
Skiing won't be done here until August.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
May and early June are great months for steep couloir skiing in California, so yes, more skiing for me.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We have a trip planned for end of May. And mid June. And....
Mammoth Mountain .

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s shoulder season in the Pac NW, the snow has yet to experience repeated freeze/thaw cycles. For now, I waxed my skis with a mix of yellow and red wax, refreshed my well-used skins (weekly ritual), and ski a few laps at Snoqualmie Pass.

View attachment 203188
Same utah, variable rather than full on spring conditions. 10 may:
20230510_080250.jpg

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I WISH I weren’t done. But in New England, there is no 7-month season. Realistically, skiing before Christmas is a crap shoot and April ends the season. (Yes, you can technically ski into May at Killington, but with apologies to GIS and others, it’s not really the kind of skiing that floats my boat).

I WISH I lived where you could ski November to May. It’s frustrating. Sigh….

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Probably heading to Killington for my last day this weekend, weather looks decent so far as I can tell. Have a few Kton days on the IKON, but time for boating season after this weekend.

Wondering if @Guy in Shorts is going to be there?

View attachment 203199

Ahh the Ekko.. Mark and the gang will definitely be there. The gang was predicting this coming weekend will be the last good weekend.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Was planning on mammoth in June but have an opportunity to buy my dream vehicle so I might focus on that. Besides Michael can't come with me so I'd rather wait until next season when he can ski whatever he wants.

I've a tiny hope for Killington this weekend but we'll see.

Sponsor

Staff online