• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone have experience with the Head Kore 1 boot?

Spinning Wheel

Booting up
Skier
When Head rolled out the Kore 1 a couple of seasons ago I was excited because it was the combination I was looking for. I've skied the Raptor for a while and Heads have always worked well for my feet. I had a hard time locating it anywhere and when I finally did I was pretty disappointed in how mushy it felt. A local shop told me the at the end of that season that all of their inventory had been recalled by Head that season because they used the wrong plastic or something. I recently threw the 2021 model on to try against the new Lange XT3 and I was surprised how much I liked it - it's a strong contender for my next boot.

I am really baffled why it's such a hard boot to find anywhere and there's very little info online about it. I know the 4-buckle "freeride" category is pretty crowded but at the same time it's popular and Head his a reputable boot maker. I know none of this should matter if the boot is right for me but the lack of presence, lack of information and the mention of the recall have left me wondering if there's something wrong with this model. Do anybody have any intel on the boot? Anyone skiing it?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes they had some early issue. Honestly, if you are looking for a Raptor type fit, you didn't miss anything with the Kore1, it is a completely different fit. Remember, the Raptor has a very aggressive stance, the Lange is much more upright. If you are looking for a low Raptor volume boot with a more aggressive stance, put the Fischer's on your list.

TS
Spinning Wheel

Spinning Wheel

Booting up
Skier
Yes they had some early issue. Honestly, if you are looking for a Raptor type fit, you didn't miss anything with the Kore1, it is a completely different fit. Remember, the Raptor has a very aggressive stance, the Lange is much more upright. If you are looking for a low Raptor volume boot with a more aggressive stance, put the Fischer's on your list.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I've just had bettter boot fitting luck with certain brands (Head, Salomon, Atomic) than others so I end up starting there. Fischers and me have not typically been a good match. I was looking at the early Vacuum models when my boot fitter put me in my first Raptors. I was pretty excited for the Ranger Free 130 the same season the Kore came out but it just didn't work for my foot. I'll give them another shot though.

snoroqc

Getting on the lift
Skier
I just ordered online a pair of kore 1 2020 model. 25.5
*aside**
Don't thrown tomatoes, no decent local store . My feet are perfect (hehe). 26.5, 98, normal arch, average instep, etc.
*/aside *
2020 Kore1 dont feel mushy. I tried the 120 Neyo lyt120 and they feel like marshmallow...

Time to replace my 2008 Lange Banshee pro 25.5. My Lange are so comfortable. They hold with duct tape. They look cool like a beer bottle.
I would like to have touring boots... just in case....Dont Laugh at me but, I'm an avid runner since 4 years and I think my feet got bigger. Still debating if I keep my Lange or not. Thank for your compassion...

Last edited:

Sponsor