• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone ride?

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I rode a horse 3x in my life. It is not "my thing". But I sure can admire a good horse/rider combo when I see it.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
PJ & Maggie
20220321_185555.jpg

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
pushme.jpg

This was the last one. Walker, goofball. I think he was part Labrador because he would be in the way if you tried to do anything. I was siding a barn with hemlock boards and he kept standing in the way. So I started stacking boards on him. He was good with it.
I grew up with them. My parents had them and we ended up with some with the kids. I can ride, have showed. Moved cattle with a Tenn Walker, worked well because she hated cows. Broke a few to saddle.
happyhorse.jpg

Him and a arab right after I got done with a new fence.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 165772
This was the last one. Walker, goofball. I think he was part Labrador because he would be in the way if you tried to do anything. I was siding a barn with hemlock boards and he kept standing in the way. So I started stacking boards on him. He was good with it.
I grew up with them. My parents had them and we ended up with some with the kids. I can ride, have showed. Moved cattle with a Tenn Walker, worked well because she hated cows. Broke a few to saddle.
View attachment 165773
Him and a arab right after I got done with a new fence.
They very much are like big dogs. They are social animals and they definitely will get in their hoomans face and space when given the opportunity.

My last gelding I owned was a show horse and therefore stalled most of the time. Occasionally, I would turn him out in a big grass field and then go sit in the shade. He ALWAYS made his way over to me and would literally graze in a circle as close to my legs as possible, stick his nose in my face, and then follow me if I got up and moved. He was 12 when I lost him, and life has never been the same since. I still dream about him several times per month.

Special creatures they are.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Found this photo of my daughter 2013... I been looking for this photo and stumbled on it today..

2013-04-14 Horseback game day.jpg