• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone sign up for @Johncollinson's 8 week workout program?

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I do a lot of pre season training and then daily maintenance during the season since I'm a dad, who skis like a dad, and can't chance breakdowns...My training is all basically You Tube videos using Search "ski season training prep." I'm getting alot of Instagram posts on @Johncollinson's 8 week training program. There's a fee of course, but it looks interesting. I wondered if anyone has used it and if so, thoughts? I might join it for 2021/2022.

PS - I rode the Alta lift with him once. I had no idea who he was at the time; but he was super friendly.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
If any program geared towards performance doesn't have an hour to several hour assessment phase you are likely wasting at least 50% of your time. Instinctively, we gravitate to things that we enjoy doing / are proficient at. For performance training, the athlete often has to embrace what they absolutely suck at to realize results.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If any program geared towards performance doesn't have an hour to several hour assessment phase you are likely wasting at least 50% of your time. Instinctively, we gravitate to things that we enjoy doing / are proficient at. For performance training, the athlete often has to embrace what they absolutely suck at to realize results.
This x10!

Chris Johnson

Booting up
Skier
Also interested in this. The last few years, I've done the Leg Blasters from Backcountry.com, and this past year in preparation for ski patrol, I stepped it up with holding a PVC pipe overhead for balance and added in some shin strengthening exercises, ab rotations, and wall sits.

I clicked around on his site and saw he has some exercises that look intriguing for hip strengthening/ adduction, other small body stuff like that. Really, if you're looking for pure leg endurance, I don't know that there's much more to do than what I've been doing. The marginal gains of the small improvements from something like this may help, but it comes down to price. I am notoriously cheap and even at $64 (end of season discount) I don't know that it will help me more than what I've been doing with tweaks.