• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone use Ski Tracks on a PC (desktop or laptop) or a mac?

freddie

Booting up
Skier
Hello

I have ski tracks on my iphone but wanted to review the data on a desktop.

I found what seemed to be a download but it looked a little fishy.

Anyone have it on a computer and know of a trusted download site?

A link would be nice.

Thank You in advance.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't believe there is a PC version of Ski Tracks... it's only an app.

The way to review your Ski Tracks days on a PC is to use other software that can read one of the formats that Ski Tracks can output.

CoreCoders is the group that makes it, and they have a site with tutorial info. You can output your tracks (using the "Share" feature on the track) as KMZ, GPX, or SKIZ files, which various other software can read and use. I've output KMZ files, and loaded them into Google Earth, for instance.

You can read more in this manual: https://www.corecoders.com/Docs/SkiTracks_UserGuide_V1_3.pdf

(I'm not sure it's the manual for the newest version, but things seem to work the same way.)

TS
F

freddie

Booting up
Skier
I don't believe there is a PC version of Ski Tracks... it's only an app.

The way to review your Ski Tracks days on a PC is to use other software that can read one of the formats that Ski Tracks can output.

CoreCoders is the group that makes it, and they have a site with tutorial info. You can output your tracks (using the "Share" feature on the track) as KMZ, GPX, or SKIZ files, which various other software can read and use. I've output KMZ files, and loaded them into Google Earth, for instance.

You can read more in this manual: https://www.corecoders.com/Docs/SkiTracks_UserGuide_V1_3.pdf

(I'm not sure it's the manual for the newest version, but things seem to work the same way.)
It seems like there is a way on a desktop to do it.

First one needs to download an android emulator then the ski tracks ap.

Below are two sites that talk about the process.

I wanted to check here first to see who has done this and find the best process.

Thanks!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh yeah... running a phone OS emulator might let you then run the app. Some Googling also shows that Windows 10 that in a built-in way for Android apps - seems cool, and something I wasn't aware of. See here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-your-pc-07d3d029-236e-e71f-3561-d40d7491d435

I was thinking you wanted an actual PC version of the app. I'm not familiar with running phone apps on a PC in that way personally, and how well it works.

TS
F

freddie

Booting up
Skier
Oh yeah... running a phone OS emulator might let you then run the app. Some Googling also shows that Windows 10 that in a built-in way for Android apps - seems cool, and something I wasn't aware of. See here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-your-pc-07d3d029-236e-e71f-3561-d40d7491d435

I was thinking you wanted an actual PC version of the app. I'm not familiar with running phone apps on a PC in that way personally, and how well it works.
thanks, I'll check out the link.

I was looking for a PC app and when I did the search found the emulator. When I find some time I will give it a try.

TS
F

freddie

Booting up
Skier
actually I have an iphone, seems like you need an android device? anyone know?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Apple anything on a PC is probably tougher... Per this article, it sounds like there isn't a great way to do it.

You could export all your Ski Tracks data from your phone (or use the cloud backup in SkiTracks perhaps), run the Android emulator/app on your PC, and then load all your runs into the PC app?

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Apple anything on a PC is probably tougher... Per this article, it sounds like there isn't a great way to do it.

You could export all your Ski Tracks data from your phone (or use the cloud backup in SkiTracks perhaps), run the Android emulator/app on your PC, and then load all your runs into the PC app?

And by that time we will have bypassed summer and preparing for next season! ☺☺

Sponsor

Staff online