• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone used a Theragun or similar?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some ads I'm seeing on SkiTalk

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 6.48.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 6.46.39 AM.png

Last edited:

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
I have a Theragun. I most often use my Marc Pro. Using it every day now with PT 4X per day.

When training, and not recovering from trauma, the Marc Pro really helps on big training blocks with back-to-back intense days.

msutherland

Putting on skis
Skier
I havent tried one after skiing but I am a wrestling coach and we use them quite a bit after extremely hard lifts/ workouts. especially early in the year or off season when our muscles arent conditioned yet. They do work wonders.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
After four days of suffering extremely sore muscles after skiing (as well as the next day), I ordered one. I sure hope it helps. :crossfingers:

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
After four days of suffering extremely sore muscles after skiing (as well as the next day), I ordered one. I sure hope it helps. :crossfingers:
It will. I use mine on tired, sore thighs. All good the next day!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I really wish I could use ours on my legs, but folks that have a history of DVT issues are strongly recommended against it. :(
Thats good to know.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look what I got for Christmas, Thanks to @socalgal and family.
We had a fantastic week with them visiting, and Lily helped me make gingerbread cookies.

IMG_9056.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Teaser from WSM Trade Show
IMG_9604.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It that a Theragun? My Hyperice has started giving me some problems so I'm thinking of picking up a Therabody Elite.
The Therabody people were at WSM. I spent about 30 minute with them using their products and am impressed. It seems like they are thinking of many ergonomics of how we can use these things than the basic gun style.

I gave him my business card and fully expect him to chime in here and communicate some information to me/us about the products.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Therabody people were at WSM. I spent about 30 minute with them using their products and am impressed. It seems like they are thinking of many ergonomics of how we can use these things than the basic gun style.

I gave him my business card and fully expect him to chime in here and communicate some information to me/us about the products.

Excellent to hear. Thanks, Tricia!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
It that a Theragun? My Hyperice has started giving me some problems so I'm thinking of picking up a Therabody Elite.

I gave the Elite model to my wife for last Christmas and it's been going strong all year (used pretty much every day).

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
I have a Theragun. I most often use my Marc Pro. Using it every day now with PT 4X per day.

When training, and not recovering from trauma, the Marc Pro really helps on big training blocks with back-to-back intense days.

Update: I broke out the Theragun and have been using it regularly. I really like it. Not sure if it is a silver bullet, but it seems to aid recovery for me.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I gave the Elite model to my wife for last Christmas and it's been going strong all year (used pretty much every day).

It seems like a good choice vs the Pro. Quiet and powerful. If/when my Hyperice dies I'll be picking up an Elite.

Update: I broke out the Theragun and have been using it regularly. I really like it. Not sure if it is a silver bullet, but it seems to aid recovery for me.

I find my massage gun really helps me with recovery. I use it after every ski day and my legs definitely feel better then next day compared to when I didn't have one.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@JeffKendall is the guy from Therabody that I talked to at WSM. He has joined the site to answer any questions you may have.

Sponsor

Staff online