• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone used a Theragun or similar?

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
How do you engage the lower back with it? Looked on the website but didn’t find examples.
So when I roll my glutes I am able to go up and get 4-6 inches above my hips on either side. Gives nice relief to the lower portion of the back, though I do find that a traditional foam roller works a little better for the overall back and a shaped foam roller like this is event better :)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Update posted in article area.
Having battery issues with the Theragun Elite
Update:
I'm having issues with my Theragun charging. While its on the charging stand, it says its 100%, but I take it off the stand and it won't turn on. When I put it back on the stand, it says the battery is 0%.
Same thing with the ac cord as well as the charging base they sent with it.

I contacted Therabody to see if it can help me trouble shoot but haven't heard back from them other than their request to send me the order # and serial # for possible warranty exchange.

I have been searching some articles about how to properly charge percussive therapy guns and realize that I was liekly damaging the battery by leaving it on the charging stand while I wasn't using it.

I wonder if there is a way to reset the battery on something like this.
Any insights from the community?

Google is pulling up some links with people having the same or similar issues. People don't appear to be happy with Therabody CS. Good luck, Tricia!

I found similar google searches.
:(

I also found some posts where both batteries for the Pro Gen 3 died at almost the same time. The person contacted CS and was told they don't make the Pro Gen 3 anymore and don't have replacement batteries (they've just released the Gen 5). I don't know if the story is true but if it is I'll stick with my Mini gun and hope for the best. Can you imagine dropping $600 on a Pro model and not have it last more than a couple years?
Follow up with a very positive experience.
Therabody has sent me an RMA and shipping lable to send my unti back. They will happlily process the return and replacement for my Theragun Elite.

Since I sent this only about 4 days ago, I'm pretty happy with their response so far.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Follow up with a very positive experience.
Therabody has sent me an RMA and shipping lable to send my unti back. They will happlily process the return and replacement for my Theragun Elite.

Since I sent this only about 4 days ago, I'm pretty happy with their response so far.
Excellent to hear! I really love the Mini and want a Pro so I'm happy to hear a positive story.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Further follow up.
I tried to print the tags but had difficultly with the RMA, so I replied to the email they sent me on Saturday. He immediately replied with a printable FedEx tag and RMA to make it easier for me. So far I'm really impressed with their responsiveness to me.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Late to the party but this is what we use at home. It's primarily for medical professionals and relatively new tech w/in naturopath and chiropractic spaces...and VERY expensive but worth every penny. Wifey picked it up at one of her conferences. We can't live w/o our Rapid Release. Besides for exercise, strains and pains, I also use it on my hands before coming into the office to do dentistry. Also being used for migraines, muscle spasms, TMJ as well as a host of other musculoskeletal and nerve dysfunctions. If your chiropractor or ND has one, ask them about it as it's pegged as the future of pain relief and I definitely concur.

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Further follow up.
I tried to print the tags but had difficultly with the RMA, so I replied to the email they sent me on Saturday. He immediately replied with a printable FedEx tag and RMA to make it easier for me. So far I'm really impressed with their responsiveness to me.
Perhaps they know your status as an influencer. :eek: ;)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Perhaps they know your status as an influencer. :eek: ;)
I was honest with them about how I acquired the Theragun Elite and shared the article with them.
I'd like to think that they're a stand up company that stands behind their product. :D

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In addition to a foam roller, a lacrosse ball does basically the same thing as the Theragun. The advantage of the gun is you can use it while standing or walking. Foam roller/ball requires you brace against the floor or wall to get the right leverage. Actually, the lacrosse ball is way more versatile than this thing. You can reach areas you can't with the gun (ie between your shoulder blades).
I’ve often thought if I drilled a hole through a lacrosse ball , put a steel rod with handles on both sides, ( lie a rolling pin) you’d have an effective, durable , small muscle roller. But who wants to drill a hole through a lacrosse ball when Irish massage bats are readily available :D ?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Excellent to hear! I really love the Mini and want a Pro so I'm happy to hear a positive story.

Further follow up.
Follow up again:
The new Theragun Elite arrived today.
I'm impressed with their customer service and am happily working on my IT band again!

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
We have the Hyperice 2 gun. I was skeptical when these first came out. Then my masseuse started to use one on my hips and glute areas. Then my chiropractor started to use one when I came in for adjustment. We use ours all the time and it is a blessing. It’s most favored to use time is driving. The passenger will do the drivers shoulders and neck on cc trips. It’s wornderful. We drive from Breckinridge area to Wichita Ks, on a regular basis.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Even though I’ve heard a lot of glowing things about percussive devices, I kind of dismissed them as having to do with people not knowing how to stretch and foam roll. Now that I have one, if that’s true, I’d have to include me with those people.

Game changer. After a single day I have calves and hamstrings looser than in a really long time. I push my muscles hard particularly for my age. So glad to have this now going into a ski season where I’d like to ski a whole lot of days.

Now I have to figure out what rolling and stretching I‘ll still need to do as I’d rather use the Theragun Elite.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
My gym has a Theragun. It's nice, but a foam roller is much cheaper, does not break, and will do most of the job. There are short foam rollers that are hollow, so packing one is not actually much volume since you can stuff clothes inside it.
Foam rollers are pretty amazing And effective

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you have a Best Buy nearby they also,had similar deals. Picked up an Elite this week for 299.

currently on sale at Costco for $250 thru 11/28

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 12.40.28 AM.png

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I envision all of the purchasers in this thread having car-Theraguns for road trip days :)

I only wonder if there is an approved size and shape of current Skitalk sticker ... for rest stop recognition of other ...devotees :D

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
Late to the party but this is what we use at home. It's primarily for medical professionals and relatively new tech w/in naturopath and chiropractic spaces...and VERY expensive but worth every penny. Wifey picked it up at one of her conferences. We can't live w/o our Rapid Release. Besides for exercise, strains and pains, I also use it on my hands before coming into the office to do dentistry. Also being used for migraines, muscle spasms, TMJ as well as a host of other musculoskeletal and nerve dysfunctions. If your chiropractor or ND has one, ask them about it as it's pegged as the future of pain relief and I definitely concur.

Whats the difference from this to any of the other guns out on the market? The price is a higher for sure. TIA

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I envision all of the purchasers in this thread having car-Theraguns for road trip days :)

I only wonder if there is an approved size and shape of current Skitalk sticker ... for rest stop recognition of other ...devotees :D
I have the Mini and I’ve thought about bringing it along for day trips.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Whats the difference from this to any of the other guns out on the market? The price is a higher for sure. TIA

I don’t know the technical differences but I can give you first hand experience. I started with the Hypervolt and thought it did a good job. Then I got a Theragun Mini for travel, thinking it’s going to be the same feeling but in a smaller package. I was really surprised at how much more effective the Mini was. It really gets deep into the muscle in a way the Hypervolt never did, and this was with the Mini and not the full Theragun. I haven’t used the Hypervolt in a year.

Sponsor