• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arrest warrant in murder of pro gravel cyclist Moriah Wilson

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Yes, they're claiming much has not come out about the circumstances and that perhaps they did not follow up on certain things that could have lead them in a different direction. I read that to mean Strickland.

It's a long way off to October 24th.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
He IS the defence attorney. I wouldn't expect a confession...
They only have to throw enough shade on Strickland and the lack of direct forensics on Armstrong to get a jury wondering. Seems like some fairly incompetent police work if they haven't got direct forensics on her at the crime scene nor tested her for GSR when they brought her in (although no doubt she'd been out firing her gun in the desert etc that day).

The behaviour post the killing and her original questioning, while it makes her look guilty as hell, is all circumstantial and will possibly be covered by the defence under a catch all of fleeing for her life from Strickland.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
They only have to throw enough shade on Strickland and the lack of direct forensics on Armstrong to get a jury wondering. Seems like some fairly incompetent police work if they haven't got direct forensics on her at the crime scene nor tested her for GSR when they brought her in (although no doubt she'd been out firing her gun in the desert etc that day).

The behaviour post the killing and her original questioning, while it makes her look guilty as hell, is all circumstantial and will possibly be covered by the defence under a catch all of fleeing for her life from Strickland.
Just doing his job. We will see what the cops have in a few months. There's a bunch I won't say.. check back after the trial and we'll see what happened..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Says the cat in the goldfish bowl.. It seems likely that there were others involved so if they're also brought to justice the long version is worth it.

JPL

JPL
Skier
I'm not a lawyer , but I think its standard operating procedure to plead not guilty at first until you get your strategy in place. Please don't take that sentence as me siding with the defendant, I'm just repeating what my lawyer friends have said about different cases over the years. It will be interesting to hear if Colin S. had more to do with things.

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Plead not guilty to murder in the first, accept a lesser charge if the evidence is overwhelmingly against you.

Pretty standard fare.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
95DB1C04-862F-4EE3-802D-7C78F89FB8BC.jpeg

Link here for KT’s dedication and trail detail.

James

Out There
Instructor
Mo Wilson case on Dateline right now.
Anything new?

Be interesting to know the evidence. The Strickland testimony above in that link is fairly meaningless. “Armstrong wasn’t capable of it” is the gist. Said before she sold her car, used someone elses passport, fled to Costa Rica and allegedly had $6k worth of plastic surgery done. I doubt he thought she was capable of that either.

In the end it could be a Lizzie Borden type case. No real evidence against her, hard to see how she could pull it off in the time frame, but harder to see a random person doing it. Borden was not convicted in court.

Sponsor

Staff online