• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Aspen 2021 - Fun, some sun, and what's to come...

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Not to debate this but EGE has terrain around it as well. Been cancelled there as well, not as frequently as ASE, but happens in snow. Obviously bigger equipment, but lack of visibility is lack of visibility. Marginally safer bet than ASE IMHO.

ThePonderer

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
@debostedo

If you don't mind saying, did you take those pics with your phone/camera?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@debostedo

If you don't mind saying, did you take those pics with your phone/camera?
Hi @ThePonderer ... welcome to SkiTalk!

I actually use a regular pocket camera, for three reasons:

1) I don't want to risk dropping my phone, and the camera is shock and water proof
2) It conserves my phone battery
3) It takes photos in a raw format, which helps with any processing to see the snow texture or deal with the mixed lighting you often have when skiing

The camera I use currently is an Olympus Tough-TG5:

1620406533940.png

I would say there's no reason someone couldn't get results equally as good with a decent phone camera; Phone cameras have come a very long way the last few years, and the better ones are probably better than the pocket cam.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I just found, or re-found this thread. @dbostedo, great TR with some great pics has got me psyched for next season at Aspen. That and the Silver Senior Season Pass that I bought yesterday. :ogbiggrin:

I plan on spending 3-4 weeks or more gypsy-ing around the Roaring Fork Valley in my truck camper next Feb-March.

lone pine

Getting on the lift
Skier
I just found, or re-found this thread. @dbostedo, great TR with some great pics has got me psyched for next season at Aspen. That and the Silver Senior Season Pass that I bought yesterday. :ogbiggrin:

I plan on spending 3-4 weeks or more gypsy-ing around the Roaring Fork Valley in my truck camper next Feb-March.

At $549 the Silver Senior Pass pass is a no brainer for us seniors. I'm about to pull the trigger myself.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
At $549 the Silver Senior Pass pass is a no brainer for us seniors. I'm about to pull the trigger myself
@lone pine, you didn't say when you will be visiting Aspen or perhaps you will be there all season? Anyway I'm guessing that the tentative dates for the SkiTalk Aspen Gathering based on previous gathering dates is likely either the last week of February or first week of March.

lone pine

Getting on the lift
Skier
@lone pine, you didn't say when you will be visiting Aspen or perhaps you will be there all season? Anyway I'm guessing that the tentative dates for the SkiTalk Aspen Gathering based on previous gathering dates is likely either the last week of February or first week of March.
Hopeful for a couple of trips out. First week of February is already booked at Snowmass with some like minded college chums, and then the Gathering should round out the second week, whenever the dates get firmed up.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Photo taken 29May2021, got a new bargain jacket today at a sidewalk sale to replace my old lime green one. Ready for the Gathering next year at you know where :ogbiggrin:
goretex .jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Photo taken 29May2021, got a new bargain jacket today at a sidewalk sale to replace my old lime green one. Ready for the Gathering next year at you know where :ogbiggrin:
View attachment 134910
Eek! How are we going to know it's you? More bird whistles, I guess.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Eek! How are we going to know it's you? More bird whistles, I guess.
C'mon, respect the uniform! ;)

I just replaced my old yellow pants with new yellow pants from the spring clearance sales.

Sponsor

Staff online