• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic Bent 90 vs Maverick 95

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I'm currently on 2016 Atomic Vantage 90 CTi, which I love and will still be my daily driver this season. I'm getting a base grind next week, and I think it's the beginning of the end for these boards as the edges are getting thin. I usually buy gently used skis, so what's coming out this year is what I'll be looking for in the next 2 years. I have my eye on both the Atomic Bent 90 and Maverick 95.

I'm old, tall and skinny, and can get down most anything. I probably ski 80-20 on/off piste when skiing with friends, 50-50 when I'm by myself. I use Atomic Automatic 102 for powder days, and they can be my daily driver in a pinch, but are harder to get on edge than the 90 CTi's.

The Maverick 95 seems to be what I want based on reviews, but I recently discovered the Bent 90 as well. It sounds great, more of a twin tip than the Maverick 95, but has no metal. The Bent probably has better tree skiing & bump manners, but otherwise doesn't seem to have any advantages over the Maverick. Why would Atomic put out these two models which seem to have a lot of overlap? Is the Bent more of a park ski? The Bent is also a bit cheaper, maybe $100 less than the Mavericks. I could always use some help in the bumps as well.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Bent 90 is more of a tweener/gateways ski, not near the ski the Maverick is. It would not be enough ski for you.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW, I have a buddy who is an on-hill Atomic rep, and he says the 95 is the money ski in the Maverick line.

That's all I got! :ogbiggrin:

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Maverick is much stronger than the Bent and far better on-piste than the Bent. If you spend more time on-piste and want to go Atomic, get a Maverick 88Ti before a Bent 90. If you want a bit wider, go Maverick 95.

Sponsor

Staff online