• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic Introduces New All-Mountain Maverick and Maven

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
ATOMIC INTRODUCES NEW ALL-MOUNTAIN MAVERICK AND MAVEN SKI RANGES FOLLOWING EXTENSIVE TRANS-ATLANTIC TEST TOUR

New for the 2021/2022 season, Atomic introduces the Maverick and Maven all-mountain ski range. Developed through extensive testing across North America and Europe, these Maverick (men’s) and Maven (women’s) skis focus on delivering an epic skiing experience in variable conditions across all terrain types. Put through its paces everywhere from California to Quebec, British Columbia to Austria, the Maverick and Maven range comes in various widths to address specific conditions found on mountains worldwide.

2022-Atomic-Maverick-Construction.png

THE TECH
Focusing on versatility, Atomic has constructed a ski range that integrates new and existing technologies like Omatic Core construction and the Atomic’s versatile Flow Profile. The Omatic (scrambled Atomic) core consists of a combination of titanium and fiberglass layers in the Maverick and carbon fiber inlay in the Maven. Atomic says this approach to core construction blends the best of stiffness and flex throughout the length of the ski. The flex is complimented by Atomic’s Flow Profile. This rocker/camber/rocker silhouette combines with HRZN Tech and early-taper tips to make turn initiation more intuitive anywhere on the mountain. The camber underfoot aims to allow skiers to attack turns with the same conviction on piste or off. Both skis feature a poplar wood core that keeps weight down and produces a responsive, performance-minded flex.​

THE TESTING
Atomic has gone to great lengths to prove the concept with the Maverick and Maven. They employed feedback from over sixty testers during their North American Test Tour and went through upwards of 145 prototypes before honing the final production design. The fruits of those extensive labors are two new skis that should suit most skiers in most conditions. Skis that make the idea of a one-ski quiver a very attainable reality.​

COLLECTIONS
MAVERICK
2022-Atomic-Maverick-Collection.png
2022-Atomic-Maverick-dimensions.png

MAVEN
2022-Atomic-Maven-Collection.png
2022-Atomic-Maven-dimensions.png

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do these replace the Vantage line?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So none of the Maven line have titanal?
They are concentrating on carbon there. We are hoping to get ours on Friday then we can talk deeper about them.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They are concentrating on carbon there. We are hoping to get ours on Friday then we can talk deeper about them.
You know I'm skeptical of carbon and no titanal. Curiosity peaked. I'm sure they'll be set up here at some point because they do every season. I'm all about that mid-80s to mid-90s width.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is there a difference between the C and C R builds, or is it just the binding?
Looking at the "Features", I believe it is just the bindings. It gives them an entry level offering.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I see continuation of a popular trend in the industry, scaling the sizing. Atomic has been scaling shapes for a while but I am seeing more of a focus of it in these new collections.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I see continuation of a popular trend in the industry, scaling the sizing. Atomic has been scaling shapes for a while but I am seeing more of a focus of it in these new collections.

Kinda makes you wonder if there will be a second trend - rocker scaling. 25/60/15 in a 188 but 20/70/10 in a 161.

I know some will not like the gender specific names, but....

Ironically, when Fischer built a Maven, it was a mens/unisex model.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like this!! Vantage and Vantage X was always a problem as far as I was concerned. I know some will not like the gender specific names, but....

Agreed, but I applaud Atomic for this.

Like Mrs. K says "I'm a woman that weighs half what you do, so my stuff needs to be at least slightly different".

Interesting to me -- as a guy who loves a tip that pulls eagerly into a turn -- is that these seem to have less shape than the old Vantage line.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Agreed, but I applaud Atomic for this.

Like Mrs. K says "I'm a woman that weighs half what you do, so my stuff needs to be at least slightly different".

Interesting to me -- as a guy who loves a tip that pulls eagerly into a turn -- is that these seem to have less shape than the old Vantage line.

The Line Blade may be for you!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Line Blade may be for you!
It doesn't invite you into the turn, it drags you into the turn! In a ridiculously fun way.

Gnarvin

Putting on skis
Skier
A couple things stand out to me just from looking at the information above. First, the sizing breakdown for the 95 and 100 seems off to me. Given that the ski has the HRZN tech in the tip, has tip and tail rocker, and also has significant tip and tail taper, I would expect it to ski somewhat short. As a person that usually skis the second to longest length in a ski, a 180 seems somewhat short, and the 188 probably too long for me but too short for bigger skiers. The second thing that stands out to me is that if the weights listed are correct, they will be quite light skis. Of course we will need to see how they actually ski, these points are just my speculation.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
? can you show example? I am looking at the current Vantage 86C and it seems bang on.

The current Vantage 97 has a tip/waist delta of 37.5 mm in the 180 length.

The new Maverick 100 has a tip/waist delta of 29.5 in the 180 length, and the new Maverick 95's delta is 34.5.

Not always the whole story, but significantly "straighter" skis.

Sponsor