• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic Question

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
Gang,

I bought a pair of Atomic 130ti and I was told that since they're memory fit, you can't put them in a heated bag. I have Snow Eagle heated bag. Is it a bad idea for me to heat the boots up or should I just heat up my ZipFit liners? Thanks.

Bill

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Anyone who has their boots stretched should be careful when using heated boot bags. All ski boots want to return to their injected shape after they are stretched and adding heat is how boot-fitters get a stretch that is too big to shrink back. So, anyone who has a stretched ski boot (from any manufacturer) should take caution when using heated boot bags. Now, it does take a certain amount of heat, a longer heating cycle and effort to stretch a world cup-level ski boot and the amount of heat that a heated bag generates is not super high, but you should still exercise caution and not over do it. Keep it on the lowest setting and keep an eye on your boots.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I use a hot gear bag with both my Fischer Vacuum RC4 pros and Atomic Hawx XTDs (memory fit). I use the medium setting overnight with no ill effects.

TS
Captain Furious

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
Thanks, guys. I'll try it out on low and hope I don't screw anything up.

Bill