• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic Revo Shock Video from Japan

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
The look of the Revo Shock elements is very industrial, like the floor of a catwalk platform in a factory or something. I am sure it performs well. But the design feels like they took the transparency of the Line Blade metal windows and then sealed it off with a lid.

TS
Atomicman

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Race skis have different modules then the Rec skis. Apparently they are all embedded in Elastomer.

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
The look of the Revo Shock elements is very industrial, like the floor of a catwalk platform in a factory or something. I am sure it performs well. But the design feels like they took the transparency of the Line Blade metal windows and then sealed it off with a lid.

They look better in person, they have a nice pattern in them without being busy/gaudy.

Between Servotec and Revoshock, the goal is the same: provide increased damping & shock absorption without sacrificing a powerful, energetic ski. Revoshock is simply the next leap forward in the evolution of solving the problem. Both technologies originate from within World Cup racing and solving the needs of the racers. This is why you will see the technology used by our athletes, and if it didn't work properly then you wouldn't see them using it. World Cup racers are notorious for picking what works, regardless if it is the latest marketing hype or not.

The basis for the Revoshock technology is the same for both commercial skis and World Cup skis: spring steel modules embedded in a special elastomer from 3M. As is the case with core thickness, binding plates, etc., you will notice a difference in size/shape between Revoshock modules on commercial skis and World Cup skis because the needs of both skis are obviously quite different. But again, the goal is the same and the technology is adjusted for the application.

gamiller7

Booting up
Skier
interesting it looks like they have the full caruba core models (i) the powercore models (s or no letter) and masters race model (rs)- interesting to see what Europe and US get this time. I heard the us gets the "i" model x9s instead of "s" but I see the greenster still is alive and well on this video at 1:00

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Damn, I'm going to be less than an hour away from that test this coming weekend. May have to rent a car and head over.

AlpedHuez

Skier
They look better in person, they have a nice pattern in them without being busy/gaudy.

Between Servotec and Revoshock, the goal is the same: provide increased damping & shock absorption without sacrificing a powerful, energetic ski. Revoshock is simply the next leap forward in the evolution of solving the problem. Both technologies originate from within World Cup racing and solving the needs of the racers. This is why you will see the technology used by our athletes, and if it didn't work properly then you wouldn't see them using it. World Cup racers are notorious for picking what works, regardless if it is the latest marketing hype or not.

The basis for the Revoshock technology is the same for both commercial skis and World Cup skis: spring steel modules embedded in a special elastomer from 3M. As is the case with core thickness, binding plates, etc., you will notice a difference in size/shape between Revoshock modules on commercial skis and World Cup skis because the needs of both skis are obviously quite different. But again, the goal is the same and the technology is adjusted for the application.
Thank you, Matt, for the further details. I look forward to trying them out. Didn't update my G9 during the last few years of the thicker metal, so maybe G9 and SL FIS could be in the cards for 2022.

Last edited:

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
interesting it looks like they have the full caruba core models (i) the powercore models (s or no letter) and masters race model (rs)- interesting to see what Europe and US get this time. I heard the us gets the "i" model x9s instead of "s" but I see the greenster still is alive and well on this video at 1:00

General Summary:
G9/S9 Revoshock = the red, classic-construction, commercial race shapes
X9 S Revoshock = the green, FIS-construction, multi-radius side cut
X9 WB Revoshock = the green, classic-construction, wider chassis (75mm)
X9i Revoshock = the black, karuba construction, multi-radius side cut
X9i WB Revoshock = the black, karuba construction, wider chassis (75mm)

Vicmoto

Booting up
Skier
Filip Zubčić was using both the G9 Servotec and the G9 Revoshock in the parallel races yesterday at Cortina. I wonder why he was not consistent with the choice of a single G9 type. I don't think that the World Ski Championship is the place to test different things... even if you get the silver. Very curious.

TS
Atomicman

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Here is an even better photo of Shiffrin on the new Atomic Redster GS with Revo Shock. You can clearly see the fake Servo-tec painted on the ski!
shiffrin_mikaela_011621___1440x810_Updated-1.jpg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And the binding we will see in the coming year or two.

AlpedHuez

Skier
Speaking of bindings, was not a good Look for the binding heel to pop off that Rossignol athlete's ski in today's GS

TS
Atomicman

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Filip Zubčić was using both the G9 Servotec and the G9 Revoshock in the parallel races yesterday at Cortina. I wonder why he was not consistent with the choice of a single G9 type. I don't think that the World Ski Championship is the place to test different things... even if you get the silver. Very curious.
Are you sure one wasn't just fake painted Servo-tec like Shiffrin's

SkiSVLikeAgassi

100% proud ski and tennis bum
Skier
General Summary:
G9/S9 Revoshock = the red, classic-construction, commercial race shapes
X9 S Revoshock = the green, FIS-construction, multi-radius side cut
X9 WB Revoshock = the green, classic-construction, wider chassis (75mm)
X9i Revoshock = the black, karuba construction, multi-radius side cut
X9i WB Revoshock = the black, karuba construction, wider chassis (75mm)

So is Servotec discontinued for 2022 and replaced by Revoschock technology?

Sponsor

Staff online