• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic Revo Shock Video from Japan

SkiSVLikeAgassi

100% proud ski and tennis bum
Skier
I know Revo is the newest and "bestest" technology for the WC pro racers,
but anyone out there skied both the Servotec and Revo models back-to-back
and have some real-world feedback as to any difference in how they ski on piste?
The consumer-friendly version, of course. Does the Revo system change the nature of the ski at all?

Reason I ask (mostly) is because the price difference between the two can be significant,
and I don't *have* to have the latest. I know I like the Servotec models...

gamiller7

Booting up
Skier
No one has skied/tested out the Revos? If so, report!
Not really a straight comparison because I was comparing the x9i Revo (21/22) to the x9s Servotec (17/18)

Skied the x9i revoshock in 174- it is a very smooth, easy to ski carver - but it lacks the power of the X9s. The caruba wood core is light and fairly lively, but it does not have the rebound of the power woodcore and FIS construction of the x9s. When I am on carvers, I prefer that athletic experience. Actually traded the x9i revo for a servotec x9s (20/12) since the new one will not be available in the US...

On reflection of Revo versus Servotec - I think the Revoshock smooths out the ride more. Hard to tell whether the snap that I like so much in the x9s is from the servotec or the more FIS construction (I suspect the construction). Maybe someone who skied the s9/g9 will have a cleaner comparison

SkiSVLikeAgassi

100% proud ski and tennis bum
Skier
I think I'm going to put the order in by the end of the week.
Going all in with the Revos!

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
General Summary:
G9/S9 Revoshock = the red, classic-construction, commercial race shapes
X9 S Revoshock = the green, FIS-construction, multi-radius side cut
X9 WB Revoshock = the green, classic-construction, wider chassis (75mm)
X9i Revoshock = the black, karuba construction, multi-radius side cut
X9i WB Revoshock = the black, karuba construction, wider chassis (75mm)

So my current atomic collection includes the servotec S9 and G9 (both non-fis) and the servotec X9 WB (USA).

I got the X9s at the end of the season a couple of years ago and they have replaced my S9s as my instructor skis/freeski on small midwest hill skis. I'm planning to sell the S9s and get some Revo FIS S9s to start getting some slalom in again. The cheater G9s will stay because they are appropriate for my occational Midwestern NASTAR course set.

What I'm wondering about is the X9 WBs. So am I correct in that it appears the US only gets the "I" version with the REVO now? If anything, I wish my X9s had just a bit more rebound, they seem to have less camber than the S9s (non-fis). So I guess I better not mess up my current pair as the "i" is a little less power oriented? No way to get the X9WB S in USA?

And am I also correct that we don't get the X9s (narrow ones) here in the new Revo version? Did you say that is the FIS construction? Not the S9/G9 cheater construction but the full FIS construction? Does it have the same race plate as the FIS skis too? That sounds like a blast!

Any changes to the above for the 2022/23 season (USA or elsewhere)?

Thanks!

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
Soon as some snow falls, I'll be happy to contrast Servotec with Revoshock as I now have GS skis with both.....
Doc, would you do the comparison as I am look on some NOS of G9 FIS in 183 and 186 with servotec and wondering should I grab those or search for revoschock ones.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
some NOS of G9 FIS in 183 and 186

:roflmao: :roflmao: Dude, you are what? 100lbs? Less? How on earth are you gonna bend these?:ogbiggrin: Let me give you my RC4 CTs or better still-the regular WRTs in 180 for test when the season comes and then work up from there.

Last edited:

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
:roflmao: :roflmao: Dude, you are what? 100lbs? Less? How on earth are you gonna bend these?:ogbiggrin: Let me give you my RC4 CTs or better still-the regular WRTs in 180 for test when the season comes and then work up from there.
We have a deal, but you are underestimating my 135lb body . Or mayybee, I am overestimating my abilities, heh

Last edited: