• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Back on skis in Arizona

Oily Bee

Booting up
Skier
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I recently rounded the half century mark and found myself back into skiing. It's hard to believe I ever got away from it but I feel in love with a girl from the Phoenix area and eventually she wanted to be closer to family. The good news is we've recently moved quite close to Sunrise resort here in Arizona and I'm skiing again!

My dad put skis on my feet at the tender age of 3 and I picked it up quick! I spent my early days skiing in south east Michigan at Pine Knob where I started getting season passes as a teenager. My school had a race team so it made it easy to ski every single day in the winter. I tried to go to college for a while but didn't finish and instead found myself wandering a bit and collecting tickets to grateful dead concerts when I could.

I met a wonderful girl who had previously wandered up to Alaska for a summer and we talked ourselves into going up there again. Before too long we settled into Girdwood with a gorgeous view of Alyeska right from our living room. Needless to say Alaska was awesome! We lasted 9 years (97-06) before my wife grew homesick and dragged us back down to AZ where this story began. I worked at Humpy's in Anchorage the entire time I lived there.

I'm almost fully geared up and ready to ski often again, I've been out a few times and it's like riding a bike! I have a tracking number for some Dynastar M Free 99s and I was just fitted for a pair of Dalbello Panterra 120s with custom footbeds at a local shop. Now I really can't wait to get back on the hill! Next year I'll add another pass to my collection.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
it sounds like you will fit right in here.

Sponsor

Staff online